Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 10-12-2016 08:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
That's great dublb... sounds like an improvement for both you and your mom.

I've been playing tonight. Cut out a couple of aprons for the craft fair this weekend, and then I made some Civil War Sampler blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560196[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560197[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560198[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 10-13-2016 04:26 AM

Verfy productive , SBG. Hope the craft shows did well for you.

Dublb, nice to have gotten some rest for yourself. May the good news continue.

Honchey, I guess you all will get toNJ when its meant to be; patience will get you back safety back to NJ.

May have frosted here last night. I hope not. Dh second bloom Irises are the talk of the area. Each stalk has from three to seven blooms on it of bright yellow.

Have a great day; do something fun in your day, and something just for you because you desierve good thjings.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-13-2016 12:26 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Second season Iris bed:[ATTACH=CONFIG]560225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560226[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560228[/ATTACH]And Dh dug our sweet potatoes:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560231[/ATTACH]All from one tire planting.

JeanieG 10-13-2016 01:37 PM

Hi everyone! We are home from our RV Rally. Had great weather and a fun time. Weather has been cooler the last couple of days. We did not have free WIFI, so could not keep up with the chatter as it moved along. We do not have smart phones, so don't get WIFI on our cell phones. Glad everyone is safe after all the flooding.

Bev - glad you are feeling better and your DM is getting the help she needs.

sewbizgirl 10-13-2016 03:29 PM

Welcome back, Jeanie. Glad it was fun!

NinaSue, what a pretty yard you have! And what a killer haul of sweet potatoes. Please explain the tire planting. I love sweet potatoes but have never tried to grow my own. Used to grow red potatoes.

givio 10-13-2016 05:00 PM

Ooooooooooooooo my word! I have to go to the store to buy sweet potatoes!!! They look sooooo good.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-13-2016 06:36 PM

Discarded big tires (tractors or semi-trucks) are free from most tire dealers. Dh cut the rums off and filled it with special dirt mixture and planted it. I will try to get pictures of it tomorrow. He started the sweet potato plants in his room from our crop the year before. He watered it faithfully all summer and could not believe what they produced. Advantage is that it is a raised bed, easier to weed, water and dig the root crop up. Older folk like us has to figure out a way to do what they used to do with less effort, so therefore we tried the free tire method. You can judge the results for yourselves.

sewbizgirl 10-13-2016 07:02 PM

Wow, never thought of tire beds. You could do tomatoes or anything that way! So smart.

Tell him we think his crop is amazing. :shock:

JuneBillie 10-14-2016 02:53 PM

QNS those flowers are so pretty. I need to dig some of dad's up he has down there. I would like to get a few tiny trees and bushes planted soon. Those sweet potatoes are something else. I love sweet potatoes. Those are real beauties.

JuneBillie 10-14-2016 02:57 PM

Jeanie glad your trip went well. My son and daughter in law went this week to Ohio and a few joining states to see a few things and enjoy the fall leaves. They will be back this weekend.