Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

oksewglad 10-22-2016 07:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of pics of the quilt I worked on...I stippled in the outer border and the snowballs...you have to sew smoothly at an even pace to avoid tension issues..in the large setting triangles I used an allover that reminds me of water. I practiced pebbles in the corner hourglass...takes lots of thread...in the large corner triangles I made the pebbles much bigger...as said earlier, this is a practice piece so there are lots of ugly stitches...now to get the threads trimmed and the binding on. [ATTACH=CONFIG]560816[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]560815[/ATTACH]

dublb 10-22-2016 07:36 PM

DM is in Rehab!!!! I am soooo happy!!!! #2DSis spent the day w/her. I will be there tomarrow!

sewbizgirl 10-22-2016 09:01 PM

Honchey, what is wrong with my quilting is that my stitches aren't all that pretty. Sometimes I'm ok with what I can do for quilting, then other times I'm just disgusted. I don't think I could make a quilt for a show unless I hired the quilting out to somebody who does it well.

In that quilt I STID all around the big hexagons/stars, and then for the center of the hexes I did a sort of snowflake. Just a simple one to hold the hexes down a bit more.

Givio, my 'nice big table' is actually the dining room table! I took over the dining room, a room we only used once or twice a year, and made it my downstairs (main) sewing space. I started that years ago when I was taking care of my elderly dad. It allowed me to be around him all the time for whatever he needed. Now he's gone but I am able to sew near the hubby and watch the TV in the living room (if I want to), monitor food in the oven, etc. while I sew. My dining room has big windows too. Perfect sewing area.

OK, I love your quilt! What a pretty design and colors. Your quilting looks great to me. What kind of machine did you use?

Bev, so happy your Mom got moved to rehab. May she continue to improve....

JuneBillie 10-23-2016 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7683291)
Here's a couple of pics of the quilt I worked on...I stippled in the outer border and the snowballs...you have to sew smoothly at an even pace to avoid tension issues..in the large setting triangles I used an allover that reminds me of water. I practiced pebbles in the corner hourglass...takes lots of thread...in the large corner triangles I made the pebbles much bigger...as said earlier, this is a practice piece so there are lots of ugly stitches...now to get the threads trimmed and the binding on. [ATTACH=CONFIG]560816[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]560815[/ATTACH]

That is so pretty.

JuneBillie 10-23-2016 07:55 AM

Givio and SBG such pretty pretty quilts.

sewbizgirl 10-23-2016 11:26 AM

Thank you, Susan! It's great to have a finish.

givio 10-23-2016 12:15 PM

I'm glad to see you are happy, Bev! :-) Wonderful to have your sister near too, to be with your mother.
oksg, I like the colors you used on the quilt. It looks calm. If I could free motion like that, I'd try it! Looks like you are one of the ones that does well with free motion. So daring of you to use white thread on black fabric!
Thanks, all, for the sweet comments on my picture of the Hunter's Star quilt. It's washed and dried now, and the darts, tucks, and puckers on the back are not as noticeable as they were before-- so I like it better now. :-p :-) I still think I'd rather send the next top out to someone else to sew, like oksg ... :-)

Honchey 10-23-2016 04:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Played with the scraps that Sewbiz sent to me and here's a couple of photos of what I did with them.

2.5 " candies and 1.5" postage stamps. then a handful of strips for rope wrapping. I just need to press them and clean up the strings...

sewbizgirl 10-23-2016 07:58 PM

Nice work with those, Anne :thumbup:

givio 10-24-2016 04:34 PM

Oooooo, look at that fussy cut chicken, lower left. And fussy cut eggs of the same fabric. Love those! :-)