Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 10-13-2014 10:34 AM

Any one here want some fall fabric already cut into charm size, 5x5 inches...leftovers by the dozen from the swap that is not going there? Speak up quickly....please.

janRN 10-13-2014 01:30 PM

QNS, thank you for the kind offer but I'll pass. I just gave away a large bag of scraps to the local church quilting group that is making crumb quilts. I don't know what crumb quilts are but they took all sizes of scraps.

OKSewglad, I made Italian Wedding Soup over the week-end. Threw everything in the crock pot while I did laundry and some sewing. Mmmm-house smelled so good and dinner was yummy. Thought of you the other day. My quilty friends & I got lost on a FART and ended up in "farm country". How do you ask cows for directions??? Did see an alpaca farm--boy are they cute (also couldn't ask them for directions LOL).

Worked today. Only about 8 more work days til I'm done. Why does the job seem so much easier now that I know I won't be doing it forever?

carriem 10-13-2014 02:16 PM

Thanks for the offer QNS, but I am trying not to bring anything new in right now. DH has started on the "bigger clubhouse". Change of plans from what we were originally going to do, but I am going from a 11'x11' shed to a room just under 16'x18'...I am very excited! He has the space emptied out and has one wall framed in...just one left, since 2 are part of the existing building. :) The goal is for me to be moved in by spring...at this rate it might even be by the 1st of the year, just depends on funds.

It's retreat week! I am looking forward to some extended time quilting with my best friends! Plan to get nephew's quilt finished (doing QAYG, have 2 rows left and borders), finish a quilt top for my MIL (just needs borders) and then start working on niece's quilt top. If there's time I will work on a few of my "50 star" blocks, but these other things are the priority.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-13-2014 02:54 PM

T tried to sew today; failed to get straight lines right Missed the second fabric under the first as I tried to finish the seam and the 12 inch square was not square due to my sight. Sigh! With rain all day, I just quit trying today; tomorrow will be another day.

Pork and beans cake did come ouit great, but no Philadelphia cream cheese in the house or cream frosting, so its no frosting cake. Bummer.

JanRN, enjoy each day. Nothing lasts forever in this life. so enjoy the moments as they pass.

Carrie, sounds like exciting news; so glad you are getting a bigger sewing area...enjoy the retreat....whatever you get done with your goals will help get you a leap ahead of where you were.

dublb 10-13-2014 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6926653)
I'm not leaving, just taking a vacation of sorts...

Huggs you will be missed!

dublb 10-13-2014 06:59 PM

Taday was busy as usual. DH felt bad again taday & stayed home. (He started runnin' ta the bathroom at about 4 am.) He finally went back ta sleep at about 6 so we didn't walk. I woke at 8:30 & felt behind. LOL Used ta I'd have felt ahead if I woke at that time.http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/cheesy.gif I got 4 loads o laundry done, & my mornin' stuff done. DH & I went over our "new" budget. Things are sure gonna have ta be different. We both will have ta learn ta stay in our own allowances. After lunch I worked on my embroidery machine/quilt project. This is the first embroidery project that I couldn't do some other quilty thing while it is runnin'. It takes longer ta hoop it than it does ta run the pattern. I git it goin', turn around & it's time ta rehoop! I picked up my DGNephew from school & that was the end o' my project time.

JeanieG 10-13-2014 09:32 PM

We are at our monthly RV group campout. Only about an hour from home, and we have great WIFI. We will be home on Thursday. We played cards until 9:30 p.m. tonight.

QNS - If you have some of those 5" squares left, I'll take some of them. I hate to pass up scraps! The lady I used to get a couple of bags full of scraps from several times a year has not emailed me lately about having some for me. I have all that she has given me cut up into strips and squares.

Well, it's been a long day, so I'll chat with you all later.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-14-2014 06:31 AM

To be sure I have plenty of scraps to get everyone going strong on recycling to their heart's desire that have requested them. I am waiting on USPO to deliver the priority boxes....in a week to ten days. The waiting on the SS that comes in the fourth Wednesday of every month, then I can go to town and mail out the boxes.

Dublb, that is how retirement goes....when the monies run out....$ can just be spent once...you set and wait for the next month's monies. Unless you can built up a reserve for those unexpected things that happen. Like this early summer with the old AC...$550.00 down the drain and it did not work...of course no one refunded our monies spent. Then over to the new system that took $790.00 cash for the second water hearer...good news there is that it works very well, saving us about half of our normal electric bill every month. So now we are trying hard to collect our tax dollar together to pay that bill the tenth of November...but with the Lord's help, anything is possible. And we sit and wait. And wait. Since we were not born with big bucks, but counted every penny, life has not changed that much. Except when we both worked and had more $$$$$ then....now down to forty percent of that and that causes a tightening of the money belt. But one can still enjoy each day as it comes and have fun. Everyone have a good day.

JeanieG, how wonderful you have a good group to play cards with! We have played many a card game in the past. Carri,e enjoy your retreat and have some fun there.

JanieW 10-14-2014 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6925717)
Hi Everyone, I'm tired, just plain ole tired of all the nonsense..I'll be back when the new book comes out and then I'll be starting a new thread (moderator approved) to start another journey...I may stop back here or not..later..H.

Me too, Jeanie!

so sorry, Anne. I don't know your details, but I do understand needing a break. Rats! Just when I am back, Anne needs to take a rest.

i tidied up the sewing room today and sorted out where I left off on my Tennesee Waltz quilt so hope to get at that tomorrow.

What is Laurie's new book going to be about this time? I tried googling, but couldn't find anything new.

I am am looking forward to catching up with everyone .

carriem 10-14-2014 03:25 PM

Janie--welcome back! Here is the link to Laurie's blog...on the left is some info about the new book. It's based on stories from the 1930s http://thefarmerswifequilt.blogspot.com