Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Blue Bell 09-07-2015 08:05 AM

Thanks a bunch, QNS, for the conversion chart.

oksewglad 09-07-2015 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf (Post 7309705)
I just finished reading this thread, enjoying all the good stuff and grandies. We don't have any Grandchildren as yet lol....Anyway, I had a terrible thing happen to my external drive where I back up all my files. I go to check on something and it was wiped clean, all files gone, probably 3000 or more. Files that have been in there for years but I know the important ones. I got a program that would retrieve them and I am shocked that it could. I found all my files and I have those in a folder and I have been going through them for two days now, saving what I want and deleting what I don't.

It takes a long time as it doesn't put the files back in folders, they just come single file, what a mess. Most of them don't have names, just numbers and a lot of them you have to click on to see what they are. I managed to make one more block before this all happened. When I get done with this, I will burn the files to disk and not trust a drive anymore. I can always transfer from disk to drive when I need to. I'll post the block sometime today and probably take a break from all the sorting.

Both tasks (is reading +11000 posts a task?)....time consuming....think I would prefer the former to the latter...

Have had a tough weekend..Saturday my BP spiked to 168/100 for most of the day...a bloody nose tipped me off..took my evening meds early and chilled out..I feel worse while the BP comes down...just worn out..I think I have been drinking too much caffeine...my iced coffee during this heat wave is now a no no.. even though it's 2/3 decaf... the morning coffee along with it exacerbated it..good thing we are in for a cool down...off to my sewing. Quiet as the 3 older Grands are at the other grandparents for the weekend.

givio 09-07-2015 08:47 AM

If that happens with my files, I think I would search for .jpgs and let the rest go... More power to you, Rosy! I read some of this loooong thread, then thought, "let the past be past and start with the present." :-) It is enough to see you girls are friendly, without seeing it in your past comments, and if I ask a repeat for something that's already been posted, well, you will just know I haven't read the whole thread. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool newcomer. :-)

So, I think I will start the PC quilt and do it slowly, as there doesn't seem to be any hurry in this thread for blocks being posted! lol I'm the slowest with my blocks as most of you have finished them, haha! Maybe someone else joins the thread later, but even then I might be the slowest, who knows? :-p Time will tell.

dublb 09-07-2015 10:12 AM

OK - Ya are rubbing off on me. I have just made a mini Scrappy Irish Chain. It has 13 3.5" nine patches, 8 2.5" X 3.5" 6 patches & 4 2" X 2" 2 patches w/matching whits squares to go between. It has finished out at 19" X 19". I might put a border on it but then again I might not. LOL I am gonna have to see about getting some pict's of it. :)
I like the crock pot chart! Thanks Sue!
Givo & Rosie - I love how these ladies are so patient w/everyone. We all can work at our own pace! :)

JeanieG 09-07-2015 10:12 AM

givio - I have backed up my files on a external hard drive, and also a large volume Zip drive. I have made CD's of the files as well. I need to recopy onto DVD's now that CD drives are not so popular. My last computer only came with a DVD drive, and does not read/copy to CD's. Of course I did not know this when I bought this computer, I just "assumed" that it was a combo drive!!! You remind me that I need to recopy from this computer and update all the backups.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-07-2015 10:20 AM

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f0&oe=56710EB7

I hope you can read the; its a little small print for me, but blurs when I try to enlarge it.

givio 09-07-2015 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't have any cowboy, Indian, pony type fabrics-- so I decided to use plaid and plain oxford men's shirts. Have you seen Bonnie Hunter's Youtube of cutting down a shirt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS-09AYE0fM She's fast. I don't rip, only cut. I made the first block and thought, "Bah, this is gloomy." I showed it to my husband and his first remark was, "This is one of your best blocks yet!" I guess my 'A Beauty' is an example of 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' The color is bad here-- I've used white and light blue with the dark green. I've got the arms turning the wrong way, I see.

oksewglad 09-07-2015 03:49 PM

Oh this could be the start of a lovely quilt with a modern edge and a masculine touch...

Can't wait to see your mini, Bev.

Rosyhf 09-07-2015 05:59 PM

Givio I would have loved to do that but I have painting patterns, classes etc that I paidf or and have to get all the bought stuff lol. I just filled a folder with 1000 pictures, thank god they were all in one place.....

Rosyhf 09-07-2015 06:00 PM

Givio, love the block, there is no hurry to do these, I agree. I like doing them when I have the time and I like to sew blocks anyway.