Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

sewbizgirl 05-21-2016 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 7555955)
Sbg that top is really nice in the plaids. I use to look for men's shirts at this one store you could fill a bag for a dollar. I would check the labels , and look for the good ones, wash them, and cut out fabric.

Thank you. I got most of my shirts by going to church rummage sales late, when they just want you to stuff a bag for a dollar or fifty cents! I buy only 100% cotton and it has to feel really good and not be too 'worn'. It's a lot of work to cut those shirts up, tho. I saved a lot on buttons that way, too.

dublb 05-21-2016 09:29 PM

Sigh, I had to take DM back to the hospital. :( Her diverticulitis was acting up again. It was making her vomit. She then vomited up her BP meds! Yup, another day of the ER trying to get her BP back down! They sent her home at about 7:30 PM.
While we were at the hospital my DH got the news that his cousin had died. DH is the only person that his cousin had. We are gonna have to go to Ft Worth either tomarrow or Mon (depending on how my DM is feeling.)

QuiltingNinaSue 05-22-2016 06:45 AM

Ooops, I forgot I had written instructions for the kids on this. Good luck reading it sideways. LOL!:o

janRN 05-22-2016 08:40 AM

I'm on my way, QNS. I need to get away from this destruction/construction zone!! I'm a very neat, organized, no clutter type person. Right now I have no curtains, no floor coverings, furniture moved to other rooms, and stacks of wood for the flooring and boxes of ceramic tile for kitchen, no water in powder room or kitchen and the contractor just informed us it will be mid-June before he can start!! I need something stronger than cinnamon rolls right now LOL!!

Haven't been on here too much but follow along when I get a few minutes and after I blow the 1" layer of dust off my computer. Take care everyone.

Blue Bell 05-22-2016 09:29 AM

QNS-------I will be right over. One of my favorites.

JeanieG 05-22-2016 09:50 AM

Bev - when it rains it pours at your house! Sorry for the relapse of you DM, and the sad news about your DH's cousin. I hope it all works out for your trip to Fort Worth.

QNS - those Cinnamon Rolls look fabulous! I want mine with nuts! I can taste them just looking at them!

oksewglad 05-22-2016 12:44 PM

Ah...comfort food to help when times get tough...prayers for your DM, Bev...
Can't advise you to just "Breathe", Jan...you might choke on the dust...LOL though, you wouldn't wanna be a my house....Sam left the Legos out and I didn't get him collared before he went home...Emily has her sewing project on the dining room table, but neatly put away...I have taken over the table with a scrap project to work on when she's working on hers...she's home now.
Then got a call from DSis 1...she and DH are heading this way, will be here Tuesday or Wednesday...bedroom to get ready...meanwhile hoof trimmer comes tomorrow as well as haylage chopping crew..oh and I work...sigh.....yes when it rains it pours...

dublb 05-22-2016 01:10 PM

I am not sure if there will be a funeral. He had 2 friends & one disowned him 3 years ago. I think we are going to have him cremated & scatter his ashes some where close to the Brady house. Not anywhere close to the house he had closed himself into for the last 10 or more years. I guess we will see what we are going to do once we get to Ft Worth. We do have to call a bunch of people tomarrow. Based on those phone calls & my DM's health we will most probably go on Tues.

sewbizgirl 05-22-2016 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 7556621)
I am not sure if there will be a funeral. He had 2 friends & one disowned him 3 years ago. I think we are going to have him cremated & scatter his ashes some where close to the Brady house. Not anywhere close to the house he had closed himself into for the last 10 or more years. I guess we will see what we are going to do once we get to Ft Worth. We do have to call a bunch of people tomarrow. Based on those phone calls & my DM's health we will most probably go on Tues.

Sounds like he didn't have a very happy life. I am so sorry. Hope he's in a much better place.

dublb 05-22-2016 03:52 PM

Yes, a sad life. I think that is part of why I am so very sad! He did call DH regularly.