Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 07-13-2016 01:00 PM

I mailed out my plates yesterday. 2 of ya will get last years plate but I did loooove it. If I bought the 2 that for this year I got last years plate free. I also got 20%off as she didn't want to go through the process to only give 20% off the fabric that I bought.
Today DH & I worked on some stains that were on the carpet. We wanted to know if it would clean up before we rented a Rug DR. We worked on the worst stains & they did come up so we will rent it. If necessary we will spot scrub later.

sewbizgirl 07-13-2016 01:17 PM

Ooooh, excited to see what you have sent, Bev. :cool:

sewbizgirl 07-13-2016 03:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
QNS, here are the I Spy fabrics you wanted to see.... First photo is from Hancocks liquidations in Memphis. Second photo is from Marshalls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553895[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553896[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 07-13-2016 03:50 PM

Like I said earlier, SBG, you really know how to choose your fabrics. Beautiful selection.

Dublb, unanimous to see what you sent as fabric license plates... I figure this is my first round of mailing out things.

It will depend up dh when I mail them. The Dr.s took one big toe nail off today and will take the other one off Tuesday at Lancaster. Today was in Kirksville, Mo., a decision that took us by surprise as we were there buying sandals for him to wear while he recovers from having both taken off.... so we waited four hours for it to happen, then waited 2 hours for the medicine, pain pills. A neighbor kindly came down and drove us home. It is so good to be home. I am bushed. Later, gals.

sewbizgirl 07-13-2016 04:13 PM

Glad you are both home safe and sound, QNS. Hope your hubby's feet feel better soon. What a great neighbor!

givio 07-13-2016 07:30 PM

108*! Oh!!

JuneBillie 07-13-2016 09:29 PM

QNS I hope your husband's toes heal as painlessly as possible soon. I remember one I had removed years ago. It never would numb good so the Dr. says hang on a bit, and oh my!

I went to see my dear dad today in the nursing home. Well, yesterday now, but anyway he is getting worse and weaker. On greater oxygen, antibiotics, and his numbers were not good for his congestive heart failure. I spent all my time holding his hand, and rubbing his arm and talking to him, and telling him all the things I wanted him to know.

SBG so many pretty fabrics and license plates.

Have a great rest of the week girls. :)

JeanieG 07-13-2016 09:43 PM

JuneBillie - so sorry you have to go through that with your dad! I've been there, done that.

I remember carrying on one sided conversations with dad when I went to visit, as he just sat and stared! (He had Parkinson's). I would look at that shriveled up man in that wheelchair and think - that is not my dad! He was a very muscular, solidly built man in his earlier days. Often I would end up in tears when I got to the car to go home.

sewbizgirl 07-13-2016 11:18 PM

Yes, it's so hard to say goodby to our parents and to see them decline. JuneBillie, I know your Dad appreciated your visit more than he can tell you. Even if he's not able to respond, keep talking to him. You are a great daughter.

givio 07-14-2016 06:33 AM

JuneBillie, The same thing happened to me-- the anesthesia didn't take hold, and the doctor went ahead-- but it was a C-section. That was memorable!
It's hard to visit, but I'm glad you are doing it for your father. My father's last words, he spoke to me. "I love you," he said.