Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

sewbizgirl 07-16-2016 12:20 PM

Glad to see all the chatter today, ladies! Nice nut bread, QNS. At our quilting meeting today, one of the ladies brought homemade zucchini bread... YUM. She put some coconut in it too.

My dog is just as terrified of thunder and sky noises, including hard rain. He's a big boy... I got him a thunder shirt made by the AKC, but he sort of pouts when he has to wear it. It may make him hot.

Givio, some of my rows are that raw edged fused applique (straight stitched close to the edge). That quilt isn't likely to be washed so I think it will be fine.

I wish I could find someone in Baton Rouge LA to buy me a kit I want! Also Fairbanks Alaska. ;)

dublb 07-16-2016 12:57 PM

#1DSon (the 31 yro) has been accepted into Pre Med & our county Hospital is gonna pay for it! In a year & a half he will go to the University North Texas for medical school.

sewbizgirl 07-16-2016 01:15 PM

Wow... great news, Bev! :thumbup:

JeanieG 07-16-2016 01:56 PM

Great quilt OK! I got dublb license plate today. Thank you, mine are ordered, just have not gotten them yet.

Dublb - the only place I have carpet in my house is the living room. All the halls, kitchen and baths are ceramic tile, and the bedrooms are all laminate. I cannot believe how much dust I sweep up from the laminate and tile floors, that use to go into the carpets. It is amazing!!!

oksewglad 07-16-2016 03:15 PM

Thanks on the quilt comments..

How proud you must be, Bev...best of luck to him...

JeanieG 07-16-2016 07:26 PM

Congrats to you son dublb! That is marvelous!

JuneBillie 07-17-2016 12:54 AM

Oh Bev congratulations to your son. You must be so happy and proud. :)

Honchey 07-17-2016 04:49 AM

How wonderful for your son Bev..

QuiltingNinaSue 07-17-2016 06:48 AM

Yea for DS#1 have great success in his path to become a doctor, Dublb. I also received your 'license plate' from you. You will be receiving what I sent next week at Midland address.

All license plates were mailed on Friday and I have tracking numbers if any get lost... let me know.

Need to work on the next two FW 1930 blocks today. Almost done with border for DS trellis quilt...found a few mistakes I need to correct, and then sew it on...I have been forever trying to get this far on the top border. Feels so good to get this far.

May everyone have a great weekend and a great week coming up.

dublb 07-17-2016 11:06 AM

Thanks Ya'll. He had decided to go back to school to become a nurse but his A&P prophesier insisted that he talk to a someone in charge of the nursing/medical studies. When he got there this was the program they wanted him to apply for. And to think 5 or 6 months ago he was laid off & didn't know what he was gonna do.