Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 07-22-2016 05:08 PM

Nina, I think group A is fine for the 4 patch and with group B I choose the the red. Brown would make the 4 patch too drab for me..The red is a better balance IMHO. :)

JuneBillie 07-22-2016 05:38 PM

6 Attachment(s)
My hubby helped me out with some of his batteries.

Thank you Jan.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554451[/ATTACH]

Thank you Givio
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554452[/ATTACH]

Thank you QNS
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554453[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554454[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554455[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554456[/ATTACH]

I hope I got them all, and as they should be. I am really known for making mistakes girls.

sewbizgirl 07-22-2016 05:55 PM

Glad you got my scraps, Givio. Now go do something wonderful with them! :o

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 7608214)
Need your opinions on Group A or Group B for a four pieces of 4.5 inches set together to form a block...in Group B tell me red or brown as the fourth square. please: Maybe either one would do....or both in two different quilts. Thanks for sharing your thoughts to help me decide.

Either one would do but I like the red. I think it's more interesting and lively than the brown. What pretty Fall fabrics!

sewbizgirl 07-22-2016 06:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The license plates are so much fun. I didn't use all mine in my quilt, so I can put them on bags later or perhaps another quilt. I've gotten comments on the "YinzHome?" from folks who have been in the Pittsburg area... and I love "SewMeMoQuilts", plus it's red. And we have Missouri Star's plate, thanks to QNS, our traveling row by rower. They are all fun. I want to get one from Bay City TX that says, "Quilt'n Psychos". That describes me! Will call and see if I can order it.

So I thought you might want to see the pictures they took at the quilt shop where I brought my RxR in. They finally posted them on the Mississippi Row by Row FB page, but postage stamp size!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554457[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554458[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 07-22-2016 06:16 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice on the squares. I will take a picture tomorrow and show all what I did. And you are welcome to suggest slashing color and cornerstones. Pattern is simple and it will work with any kind of fabric. I am constructing this for a BIL that helps his brother, Jerry out when he needs any extra hand in keeping up with the yard, etc. from time to time. I have failed to finish his embroidery jeans quilt, in a speedy manor so making this for him until I can finish the embroidery work on the jeans quilt.

Blue Bell 07-22-2016 07:09 PM

sewbizgirl,

Your quilt is spectacular. Especially love the chickens, flag and bird on a branch with flowers. You did an awesome job.

sewbizgirl 07-22-2016 08:09 PM

Thank you, Blue Bell...

JeanieG 07-22-2016 08:46 PM

That quilt is awesome SBG! You did a wonderful job!

JuneBillie 07-23-2016 12:35 AM

Your finished quilt is beautiful SBG . Each row is so pretty. You did nice work on all the detail as others have said, and such nice placement of everything.

sewbizgirl 07-23-2016 05:21 AM

Thank you! It was a blast to make.