Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 02-04-2013 04:38 PM

Oh Sue! It's breathtakin'! :thumbup:

QuiltingNinaSue 02-04-2013 05:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, QuiltE and I have emailed each other and she says to post the close ups so :[ATTACH=CONFIG]393155[/ATTACH] upper left;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393156[/ATTACH]lower left side. [ATTACH=CONFIG]393157[/ATTACH]Upper right side; lower right [ATTACH=CONFIG]393158[/ATTACH]side:

Center or Middle of theFWSQ[ATTACH=CONFIG]393159[/ATTACH]Top border is views of the farm, the bottom border has the fence across it.

janRN 02-04-2013 06:01 PM

Wow-that is awesome!! It is so bright & cheery--just what I'd expect from you, QNS. You did an outstanding job. Pat yourself on the back.

mirabelle 02-04-2013 07:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
OMG that is one drop dead gorgeous quilt, it was well worth the wait QNS...

I don't know if this will work but I am not havng a fun time with this new camera. Will have to get DS to show me all the ins and outs as he has the same camera.
The first 2 quilts are just scrappy and will go to a nursing home, the third one is machine embroider applique dinosaurs for the hospital and the butterfly quilt is one DD made and will also go to the hospital. I have since finished the dinosaurs and will post pics when it is quilted

carriem 02-04-2013 07:37 PM

QNS--WOW!!! That is a great quilt! You did an awesome job with all of those blocks. :)

Mirable--those are some fun little quilts for the hospital.

I was able to get the center blocks quilted on my PC quilt today. I will add the top and bottom sections by QAYG tomorrow and then quilt in those blocks.

JeanieG 02-04-2013 08:38 PM

QNS - your quilter did a fantastic job on your quilt! It is wonderful!

Mirabelle - I love your charity quilts - so bright and cheery! I know the recipients will just love them!

QuiltE 02-04-2013 09:04 PM

QNSue .... absolutely wonderful!!!!! The colours are just so bright/cheery and so evenly balanced throughout. I like how the setting triangles are letting the blocks float. Very effective for the borders, the printed green and your border print. Beautiful! I noticed the extra work that your LAQ put into each of the cornerstone. Now that must have been tedious for her! Looks like a lot of detail done on the blocks, with unique quilting for each block according to the block design. So .... are you ready to head back and give her your PC to do?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Now, I know you said this is going to DGS, though would you not use it for yourself for awhile first? I really think you should have the enjoyment of it yourself, before passing it on!

Anael ... oh such good news! I'm sure your DDIL/DS will find it quite a difference now with him back to work. It must be so tiring for her travelling to the hospital so much that I can understand her deciding to stay home a bit now. Plus of course time with her DS to let him know he's still important in their lives! Yea for all the progress the babies have both made! :D

Mirabel
... More great quilts all around! The first ... is that the D4P? The string quilt is always so inviting ... one of these days, I will have to do one, myself! Those dinos will be sure to put a smile on any sick child! And I can see a cute little girl adoring the butterfly!

Me? ... binding is partly done on the baby quilt!

mirabelle 02-04-2013 09:58 PM

QuiltE the first one is a Split 4 Patch, very easy to do. If you would like to know how to do it I think I took photos of the progress, was going to send to my girlfriend who is always looking for new ways to use up her fabric, so can post the how to pics. Just let me know

Anael 02-04-2013 10:40 PM

QNS, wonderful! Now I see why I should use cornerstones. I often wondered how your colourful blocks would look together and now I know. It's all coming together and I LOVE it! Congrats on finishing !

Mirabelle, you're so right about me. Deep breath and not too much relaxed.
Your quilts are gorgeous and I would love to know how to do that Split 4 Patch. The dinos and the butterfly quilt are lovely!

Isa had a quiet night. Bram had some problems: every time he was fed his heartbeat went down. Now he's getting his food in a constant flow and he's fine again, settled down and slept well.

oksewglad 02-04-2013 10:51 PM

Lovely quilts mirabelle. I have always liked the DP4 patch over the DP9. Just seems to have more substance and although easy to do it looks more complicated than it is. The butterfly is gorgeous!
Oh the babies continue to progress. Each day has it's ups and downs. It's so important for Mom and Dad to get their rest as well. That oldest one needs lots of love and attention too. Makes for a very emotional ride. I see the preemie babies in our family (oldest is not 17; a three year old; an 18 month old (our DGS Jackson) and a 8 month old) and they are one determined lot. What a miracle they truly are.
Looking forward to see that baby quilt finished QE.

The news from this front. The BB's are done. Now to square up; trim threads and get them ready for mailing. Carrie I plan on mailing them on Wed. Will let you know for sure. I so enjoyed making "the block" and a treat to make special ones just for you folks! Time to call it a night. G