Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 12-02-2012 03:24 PM

DMIL has been finally diagnosed w/double pneumonia. I'm gonna take a few minuets ta rest right now & I'll go back ta the hospital & try ta git her eat something again. #1 DSon is w/her right now.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-02-2012 04:09 PM

Hot chicken noodle soup and broth! It helps, even medical science agrees... and all the love and care that you are giving to her also helps...but do find time to relax and treat yourself a special relaxing time also!!

JeanieG 12-02-2012 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 5694110)
Sorry, Carrie, that so few showed up for your demo...after working so hard preparing for it. Holidays have hit everyone, maybe next time it will have a far better turn out. Any 4-Hers or similar groups that might come in as a group to see it?? Maybe if there is holiday hand-food there, like a cookie with recipe...'cause quilters cook.

Dublb, hang in there, day by day. What will be, will be, but we are all here for you.

Anael, we are thinking of you, too, with prayers and hope that all will be well with the triplets. Medical science has been amazed at miracles more than once and we are hopeful our prayers will work that miracle.

Jeanie, tell how nice your weather is in California; and Dublb, tell me how nice it is in Texas...it is so foggy and wet and cold here...I need sunshine!!

Sorry QNS, we have had this drizzly rain for the past few days. Temperatures have been nice - mid to high 60's the last few days, but today it is in the low 60's. It is suppose to clear up tomorrow (yeah). We have had almost an inch of rain, we really needed it!

dublb 12-02-2012 06:26 PM

We've had wonderful weather! Up in the mid 70's & lows in the lower 50's or upper 40's. I've been pined up in a cooooold hospital.
I did finish my another o' my GFG flowers. Then I couldn't do anymore 'cause I didn't have any more pressed. (I prefer ta soak 'em in starch & press 'em around the cardboard. That way I can take the cardboard out when I need ta.) Yesterday afternoon I ran across the street ta Hancock's & bought a travel iron, so yesterday evenin' & taday I have pressed enough hex's ta make 4 more flowers. I'll be able ta work on 'em tamarrow. :)
DMIL has been diagnosed w/double pneumonia, now. I do have some good news. I got 'em ta provide her w/pureed food & she ate half o' her supper. :) She even griped at me like she normally does while she eats.

mirabelle 12-02-2012 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bev if she is griping she is on the road to recovery, take care of yourself.

I have finished my bonus blocks yay, all signed and ready to wing their way to Carriem. Here is a sneak peek

mirabelle 12-02-2012 07:32 PM

Now you really didn't think I would let you have a sneak peek did you:D:D:D:D

Carriem will post tomorrow

Anael 12-03-2012 04:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My kitty and the Christmas Quilt.
Remember my FMQ problem? See post # 155. I had to take my kitty to the vet this morning, she was scratching herself to pieces. Some allergic reaction, we don't know what triggered it. Now I had to remove my Christmas Quilt from the living room :( That might be the problem. And I had to throw away my parsley, that was new too. She got two shots and a collar and now she's a very unhappy and scared kitty. So no more snuggling for miss Purrrrrrfect! Poor kitty.[ATTACH=CONFIG]379791[/ATTACH]

I think she looks a bit like a Sunbonnet kitty :D

janRN 12-03-2012 05:20 AM

Bev, glad she's eating & griping. Both good signs.

Mirab, you're such a tease!! Anael, hope Kitty feels better. I'm more upset when Patches is sick than when DH is LOL. (we all have our priorities) Just kidding!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-03-2012 05:22 AM

So sorry about the cat...what a rough time for a cat...you almost wish they could talk and tell you what is wrong...best wishes to you, Anael, may the cat feel better very soon!!

Mirabelle, you would not tease us, would you?? Wow, already done on bonus blocks, when I have yet to cut mine!!

Big T day here; I pay the taxes, thankful I can, but the entire month will be tight, *very tight* budget. State of Missouri knows royally how to ruin the entire Christmas cheer and thoughts of the Season. Nothing left for the Christmas Stocking, not even a piece of coal. And dh will probably demand more. Maybe will we harvest our 'extra' drake and have duck for Christmas...quacking up time.

Cats here need food, so off to town this morning to satisfy my eight spoiled cats. They are good mousers. May the day be a good one for all. Sunshine :thumbup: all day. Its warmer here, starting off at 44 degrees.

Anael 12-03-2012 05:35 AM

Snow and rain here and COLD :(

Luckily we don't know Tday here, we pay taxes all year long! And at the beginning of the following year we have to fill out the forms so they can get some more taxes :(

Mirabelle, you're very fast! I didn't even decide on patterns or fabric yet!

Bev, glad your DMIL is eating again! I hope she will better soon.