Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

gardnergal970 02-27-2013 09:37 AM

It has been a few days but I'm here enjoying the chatter. I had a notions fair at my LQS on Monday and came home with a couple pair of new scissors and rulers. I've been working on the mystery blocks to break them in and so far so good. I haven't posted my BB because there is a quilt on my design wall I want to get together first so this time I might be the one bringing up the rear.
Jeanie....I like your choice of sashing.
mirabelle and QNS...a long distant sit and sew! I love this group. So nice to be able to help each other and we all can look over your shoulders.
Carrie....nice you got stopped. When I went to Shipshewana earlier this month, we did wind up in the ditch! Linda had never had an accident before so she is a safe driver. We were being passed by a semi who was going too fast for the conditions and you could just feel the SUV being picked up and start to slide. She had her wits about her and turned into the slide which caused the car to turn a complete 360 just missing the end of the trailer. We did another "doughnut" in the left lane and drove into the median. No damage to either of us or the car. Took about 2 hours longer than we planned but we got to our destination and enjoyed the afternoon.
DDamsel...sad for the family dog.
QNS...I too had a laugh about the installment hugs. Hope he gets his computer soon so you have some peace and quiet.
Anael...touch is such a strong healing "medicine". So happy for you that you could do your part!
QuiltE...I too have been missing JanR. Should we send out the sheriff?
it's about 40 degrees and snowing today so there is no accumulation but it's a very nice day to not have to go out! Maybe I'll get another mystery block done and then get back to the PC.

Anael 02-27-2013 09:53 AM

You're welcome QuiltE! I love listening to Playing for Change.

Just one more Sylvia block to go! 139 finished :D
I won't be home tomorrow so I should get my behind in gear and make that last one! I was thinking of starting another Sylvia but I'm not sure yet. Maybe I should finish some UFO's first, like FWS, Dear Jane and Ode to my Mom. I'm sure I have several others laying around.

QuiltE 02-27-2013 11:04 AM

GGal ... oh goodness! what a road trip that was. Thankfully you are here to tell us the story. Envious of your trip to Shipshe. I was always supposed to go with my girl friend's parents (Wakarusa). Sadly they are both gone now.

At the least, our Posse should go and round up JanRN!

QNSue
... take note of GGal's trip and stay home and safe! PLEASE!!!

Anael ... woohooooo!! Sylvia almost done ... are you finishing it tonight? Please please show it to us!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-27-2013 11:44 AM

Yes, the weather has turned most foul yet. The ducks are refusing to leave their shed, and have joined the guineas in their run under the heat lamp...first day ever this winter for that....so the weather is most fowl here. May the sun shine on the rest of you today!:)

Anael 02-27-2013 12:16 PM

QuiltE, only the blocks and there are too many to show them all at once. It will take a while before they're all sewn together. I didn't even pick the sashing yet. I think........dark green :D Never did that before.
I think I will finish tomorrow, don't feel like making another block tonight. Besides, I started 2 years ago with Sylvia so she can wait one more day ;)

carriem 02-27-2013 01:13 PM

It's finished!!

2 Attachment(s)
I just finished my first PC quilt!! Here is a picture of it being held up and then on the bed in the living room where it will "live". :) Still needs to be washed.

JeanieG 02-27-2013 01:21 PM

Oh Carrie, that is beautiful. I love the layout and the background and sashing really complement those blocks. Doesn't it feel great to finally have it finished!

dublb 02-27-2013 01:39 PM

Oh, oh, oh, Carrie! I'm speechless! It's beautiful!:thumbup:

Anael 02-27-2013 01:43 PM

Wow Carrie, it's gorgeous!

dublb 02-27-2013 01:45 PM

Well DH was home yesterday & we went ta a thrift store. I had seen a 401A there last Sat (when I took DSis) The lady who owns the place (her name is Beverly) said that I could have it for $40 w/or w/o the cabinet. I didn't want the cabinet. Yesterday at the store I used a brush & some oil ta git it unstuck, so I bought it. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys...lt/shocked.gif (Yep I got another machine. LOL) Ya'll wouldn't believe how much gunk was in it!!! At the house I really worked it over, oiled everythin', used petroleum jelly for grease & greased all the cogs. Used a thick thread & a silicone product ta clean out the tension disks. There are still 2 things that won't budge. One is very minor & I'm sure I will git it ta move, (it has ta do w/the cover plate.) The other one has ta do w/the changin' o' the stitches. I've got 'em soakin' in oil right now. I wish I had some penetratin' oil. That would work better. I'll mess w/it later. I haven't taken any picts yet. Maybe tamarrow.
I also read a book! The first one in several years. (I sure do miss readin') I haven't been able ta concentrate enough ta read. (I used ta be a bookaholic. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif )The book is Family Patterns & is the first in a series called Patchwork Mysteries by Kristin Eckhardt & is published by Guideposts. I came real close ta figurin' it out. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif I was off only by a li'le bit. I read it in 2 sitting's. I read for 4 hours night before last & 2 hours last night. It's not a hard book, probably on an 8th grade readin' level. I'll probably git the next one in about 6 weeks. Hmmm actually I've had it about a week & a half, sooooo I might git the other one in 4 - 5 weeks.