Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 04-11-2013 01:35 PM

QNS - I just love that Pansy fabric! Beautiful quilt!

janRN 04-11-2013 01:41 PM

QNS, that is a beautiful quilt. I love pansies and always think of my Aunt Kate when I see them. She used to plant them in bushel baskets all around her house. She's 98 years young and having a hissy fit because they took her car keys after she broke her hip last year. Says she's fine & needs her car to shop for her elderly neighbors!

gardnergal970 04-11-2013 02:32 PM

QNS....your pansies are so cheerful and elegant. What a beautiful quilt!
Today I didn't change the sheets, do laundry or go shopping BUT....I FINISHED the Lone Star quilt! Tomorrow I will get the discounted backing even though I plan to use leftover fabric and piece the backing for this quilt. I can hardly believe it myself. Pics will follow after I get it quilted. I also got a very well wrapped squishie from Canada today. Only my boys could have used duck tape more affectively!!:D:D Big thanks to QuiltE.
Dubib...in all seriousness, you should complain to the PO. There were several cases of mail carriers not delivering all of their mail which was later found in their home. They just didn't appreciate the good job that they had.
OK...I bought some cabbage and cauliflower plants yesterday. I have tomato seed but haven't gotten any of them planted yet. It's been so cold, the gardening bug hasn't really bit me yet. Maybe next week.
Jeanie..I just started therapy for my rotor cuff and what a difference it's making. I can actually pull up my blue jeans without grimacing.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-11-2013 02:45 PM

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on the pansy passion quilt.

janRN, would like to know your Aunt Kate who is 98 caring for the elderly around her...and some maybe younger than her in years!!

GGal, its good that you can put on your jeans without grimacing. Not a thought of gardening here...yet. Snow was in the air today. Last day of frost on record is April 15, average here...so different from Rockford, Ill., where it was May 15th...after Mother's Day.

oksewglad 04-11-2013 03:31 PM

QNS glad you've shown us that pretty pansy passion! It's so cold here the johnny jump ups are burrowing down into the ground!
GGal so glad the therapy is working. Now when gardening time comes around don't over do it. I usually plant my broccoli next week and by Father's Day have big heads to eat. I'll be surprised if that happens this year. By putting the broccoli in early I avoid the green worms. Once the main head is harvested the side shoots supply throughout the summer--green worms don't mess with the side shoots much. When it's really warm and the side shoots bloom I cut them off and toss until the weather cools again and voila more side shoots appear as the days cool down. This after head harvest is often used to make cream of broccoli soup or sometimes a quick quart or two in the freezer. Yes I'm anxious to get digging in the dirt!

janRN 04-11-2013 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407481[/ATTACH]Here it is! I had to use Chrome rather than IE 10. I still have to remove some chalk marks but again, thank you my friends for all the blocks. I love looking at it each time I come down the stairs!

QuiltE 04-11-2013 05:53 PM

MiraB ... I bet Shannon had a chuckle! Though it looks like she's pretty Aussie with her long term roots now!! I'm guessing Dawbell in Aussie would translate to Dorval for me! :) ?About an 8 hr drive away.

MiraB and GGal ... some of those MiraB fabrics definitely are MiraB! ... the manufacturer must have just insisted that the loud be included. I do like the softer ones ... not so much the louds!

OKSGlad, GGal and QNSue ... I'm chuckling at all this gardening talk. If you could see out my window. And hear the wind. And knew what the day was like here. You'd be laughing too! As I heard someone say on April 1st ... the winter that refuses to die! :)

GGal ... glad your squishie got thru! So you liked that duct tape!! :D Yea for you getting that star quilt together ... photo? And now to get your discounted fabric. And yes, ITA with OKSGlad ... be sure to remember and hold back on your activities in the garden, or else you will be undoing the progress. And you don;t want to go thru the surgery!

QNSue ... thankfully a breath of spring with your pansie quilt. Lovely!!! And whom is this one for?

JanRN ... Awesome BB Quilt!!!!!!! I wouldn't have thought of the red, and I do really like it. Great quilting there. I am SO PROUD of YOU!!!!! ABsolutely wonderful!! I particularly like your unique quilting for each block. Love the spirit of Aunt Kate! They did a feature after the news not long ago here ... a man who was 101 yrs old, still driving and delivering Meals on Wheels twice a week. He was amazing!!!! last night they had a woman on who is 109, and gave a better interview than I've seen many much younger.

Going to check some more threads and answer some emails ... Good Night All!!!!!!!!

carriem 04-11-2013 06:00 PM

Jan--your quilt was worth the wait...great job. :)

I enjoy reading about everyone's garden preparations...we have had a couple gardens since married...the first two DFIL planted and then DS planted a small one a couple times. Growing up we never had a garden even though I lived in the country (on 12 acres) most of my growing up years. I do *not* have a "green thumb" and no desire to learn how to do it all at this point. Thankfully we have good produce at the farmer's market and in the stores.

No quilting today...I started sorting my card making and scrapbooking supplies. I have lots I will be selling and some that will be moved up on the little loft in the clubhouse. I bought tubs today to sort things into. The cupboards that these things were in will be where I store fabric after rearranging furniture. Tomorrow I will go through the 2md cupboard and do some quilting.

Babysitting my 3 yo nephew this weekend so not sure how much time I will have in the clubhouse...there's always next week. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-11-2013 06:02 PM

I would never thought of Red and Black together, but you made it work perfectly, JanRN. And I like the quilting that you did!! It will be interesting to how everyone arranges their BB quilt placements.

QuiltE, it snowed here today, but did not build up any; just a wet and cold day, far cry from a warm gardening day. It is good that it is raining and puddles standing around which we did not see all last year. Fruit trees are leafing out, and starting to bloom....so hope it does not freeze the buds now.

dublb 04-11-2013 08:34 PM

Well I had a busy day taday! Slept late as usual Had lunch w/DH. Had my hair trimmed & straightened. Went ta Hancock Fabrics & bought the battin' & backin' for the SBS quilt that I'm doin' for PL. Didn't find any backin' for the swap quilt so I went ta my LQS & found some. I got a boat panel at my last retreat & was gonna use the left over fabric from the SBS that I just did. Well after I pressed it & squared it up it is 2" too short. :(