Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 12-20-2012 05:02 PM

Anael, That's a wonderful date...My mom's birthday!!!!

dublb 12-20-2012 05:02 PM

Sue - My great Nephew came over after school yesterday. He wanted a snack & I gave him one o' your cookies. He said that it was wonderful! I only let him have one 'cause he still needed ta eat supper. (He is 6.) He usually comes over ta practice readin' but this time he used my Go cutter & made his DM a Hot Pad for Christmas. He sat in my lap & helped guide the fabric while I ran the machine. He liked usin' the Go the best. He said "I'm good at this." :)

QuiltingNinaSue 12-20-2012 05:55 PM

That is the sunshine news I love!!!:p:o:o

carriem 12-20-2012 08:05 PM

Checking in here....probably close to 8" of snow here. Getting cold and blowing a lot tonight. Schools are already canceled again for tomorrow. DH is out blowing snow now. He wanted to wait until it slowed down/stopped so he didn't have to do it too many times! The kids have shoveled the path to the clubhouse several times for me today. :) Our kids have spent lots of time in the snow today. Even our oldest DD (almost 15) went out and played a while. Our dogs also love to play in the snow. They were so hyper last night when it started and then this morning when I let them out they didn't want to come in again until I offered them their breakfast.

I didn't get a lot of sewing done today but more "planning". I worked on taking papers off my Rosie blocks and set another table up so I could rearrange them many times! I have them how I want them now (and numbered them) and have all the sashing fabric cut so will work on that tomorrow. I got a picture of the blocks, so will be posting those on the Rosie thread shortly.

mirabelle 12-20-2012 09:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
While I patiently wait for my border fabric to arrive so I can finish Jamestown this is what I am working on.
The first photo is what it should look like when I have it finished.
I have all the Dresden blocks made and the ones with the embroidery in the centre I only have 3 more of those to applique. Then it is onto the embroidered panels. I was going to wait until next week to start it when I was home alone and could concentrate (and didn't have to cook):D
I plan on quilting this myself in sections:eek: and gee guess what !!!!!!!!!!!!! they are roses:D

dublb 12-20-2012 10:06 PM

Oooo, Those are so you!!!! Beautiful roses!

JeanieG 12-20-2012 10:14 PM

That is gorgeous Mirabelle! Wow - what a lot of work! I love roses too, I have about 20 bushes along both sides of my front yard!

Anael 12-21-2012 03:27 AM

Ohhhhh that's going to be a gorgeous quilt mirabelle!

gardnergal970 12-21-2012 05:48 AM

Mirabelle...I could have guessed your quilt would be pink roses! It's beautiful.
we woke up to only a dusting of snow. I think it's over for us but the winds are still howling. It's such a blessing to have a warm home and full cupboards. I'm going to sneak in a little sewing this morning and cut for Bonnnie's mystery quilt.

QuiltE 12-21-2012 06:28 AM

Alas! The long awaited recipe, I promised ... and hoping for some more from the rest of you!
This is a favourite that I bring out and make for Christmas. I always do the peppermint option, but that can be up to you. Some use other flavourings, such as orange, rum, butterscotch etc. but for me it's peppermint (or plain) that seems the way to do it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nanaimo Bars
(no bake)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melt in double boiler
1/2 cup butter
Add in
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg (whisk in a little of the hot to the egg, then whisk it all back to the hot)

Remove from heat and add
2 cups graham wafer crumbs
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Press into 9"x9" pan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cream
1/4 cup butter
Blend in
3 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. vanilla instant pudding powder
2 cups sifted icing sugar
Optional: peppermint extract
Optional: green food colouring

Spread evenly over crumb mix and chill well.

Melt together
1 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp. butter

Spread thin layer over chilled mixture.
Cut into bars or squares when cold.
Keep in frig til ready to serve.

My Oh My!!!!!!
*sigh* and *gasp* ...
MiraB what a beautiful WIP!! It would be hard to stop working on that quilt!

More later ... just wanted to get this recipe posted and couldn't miss out on commenting about MiraB's outstanding quilt! My company the last two days was a grand time! ... and now onto getting ready for tonight's!! And then my holiday entertaining is over, and I become a guest! Then I can get back to Frosty Actually MUST get back to Frosty, being that he is a gift on the 25th! .... and then onto BBs for the holidays!!! :)

I'll be back looking for your holiday recipes!!! :D