Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 11-25-2012 04:05 PM

Carrie sent you an e-mail, I am really mopping my floors but had to sit and take a rest:D of course the chair at the computer was just convenient. It is really humid here today.
I will be starting my bonus blocks this week, will work them in with my Jamestown piecing

QuiltE that is my Jamestown Landing quilt, my DD's was blue and yellow and is now on her bed. She and I spent Friday getting all my pieces organised (and me) so hopefully all those different blocks will not confuse me.:D

QuiltE 11-25-2012 04:35 PM

duh ... I knew that ... my brain seemed to forget that! :)

I'll gladly let you have that humidity MiraB!
... none here right now and I'm quite happy with that! .... -4C :D

oksewglad 11-25-2012 04:39 PM

Emily and I finished her first quilt! And it has horses. Go to this thread to see

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t195329-2.html

QuiltingNinaSue 11-25-2012 04:41 PM

For me, and knowing well the curves that life throws in our lives...The 15th of February would be ideal for 13 people, to exchange by Valentine's Day. If we can finish early, and mail them to Carrie...so much the better. She can email the person(s) not not having turned in their blocks, if majority is turned in earlier.

OKsewGlad, sorry for your loss. Its never easy to say 'good-bye' to a loved one.

Love your blue and white, Mirabelle.

Since dh did not get his favorite pumpkin pie on T. Day, I baked them this afternoon. And an apple pie. Froze up in small packets of leftover turkey-oyster dressing; cut up the turkey and froze them in small packets, also cut up the chicken and froze it. Small meat packets will make quick soups on cold winter days. Made a huge pot of creamy turkey noodle soup from carcass of turkey bones. Will freeze most of it also for a quick meal on a cold winter day.

Yes, QuiltE, I did put my feet up for two days before I got bored watching TV and playing computer games...hopfuly will get into the quilt room tomorrow to finish the third boy's quilt for bf daughter's foster child.

carriem 11-25-2012 04:55 PM

QNS--great idea on the due date.

Let's say the due date is officially February 15, 2013...in my hands (so for those of you outside the US, plan to send by Feb 1st?). If I have everyone's blocks before that I will swap out and send back sooner.

QuiltE 11-25-2012 07:32 PM

OKSGlad ... what a Grand Grandma you are!! And what special memories you are creating with Emily. Now, to make something with cows! :)

QNSue
... proud of you that you did slow down for a couple of days! And now lots of "makings" back in the freezer for some great meals ahead.

CarrieM ... great plan re February 15th! Thank you for coordinating the Swap.

This will be the first swap I've been involved in ... and ... I'm EXCITED!!
It'll be so much fun to see what everyone creates for each other ... and then it'll become something really special to me, to remind me of you, my special friends!

dublb 11-25-2012 10:40 PM

I'm so excited about this swap, too. It is my first swap also. I'm thinkin' that I can make mine a li'le bit bigger so that ya'll can make it fit w' the others better. It would be better ta cut down, cause ya can't cut up. LOL (I know I have a weird since o' humor. :D) I won't have any points ta worry about cuttin' off.

mirabelle 11-25-2012 11:40 PM

Bev I love reading your posts always makes me smile, weird sense of humour who you??????

dublb 11-25-2012 11:53 PM

Yeah, me. LOL:cool:

gardnergal970 11-26-2012 06:09 AM

QuiltE...and we're getting impatient to see what's happening in your sewing room too. You've been home about a week, right?
OK...so sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip. Any more sewing lessons for Emily?
mirabelle...love the Jamestown quilt. Will you quilt it in sections too?
carrie...I got your mail and will probably mail my blocks early in January just to avoid the using the mail service in December.
QNSue...can't keep a good woman down....! Sitting just doesn't seem to be your speed.
well I do have points in my blocks. I'm sewing them very carefully so hopefully none of your will have to use a block stretcher!
BTW...I read a thread about Bottom Line thread and how it helped make seams more accurate since it is 60wt. What threads do you all use for piecing? I've been using Arifil and my machine like it but I know it's a heavier thread.