Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 01-28-2014 08:06 AM

JanRN ... great sign! Love it when a church has a sense of humour! :D

MiraB ... Here's wishing you full safety throughout the cyclone. Meantime, stock up with the potential emergency needs .......... and some hand sewing? And we'll hope for the best, that the storm fizzles out before it hits landfall!

CarrieM ... I bet you "really" enjoyed being able to do that stitching! Thanks for the link ... and some great FMQ designs/lessons too.

DDamsel ... yes ... we need some OOPsy-Daisy Pics! :)

Anael 01-28-2014 09:05 AM

DD, you're welcome to stay here :D :D

Mirabelle, stay safe and let's hope it won't be so bad!

JanieW 01-28-2014 02:52 PM

Stay safe Mirabelle and all the rest of you stay warm. Nice pics, Anael.

I have a really neat serendipity type story. I am going to make the Tennessee Waltz quilt finally. Yesterday QNS recommended some Tri Recs rulers that are really good for cutting out the star points, those pesky 60 degree ones that intimidate me.

So today I drove all over the city hoping to be able to buy some. No luck. After I looked in the last place I could think of, I decided to head home. I get a text from my DIL so I pull over to read it. She says if I am out with the truck to drop by. I go over there and she has a big box of stuff that used to belong to her grandma that her mom just sent her. Grandma was a seamstress/quilter. Have you guessed what one of the items in the box was? Yep. An unopened, unused package of the exact Tri Rec rulers I had spent all day looking for. Her grandma has been gone for years and it just seemed really weird that DIL's mom would send it now when I have been thinking of doing the TW. So I am really pumped and ready to get at it. :D :D

JeanieG 01-28-2014 03:30 PM

Mirabelle - take care, I will be praying for you guys coming through this cyclone unscathed!

Janie, they are great rulers. I used them just this last month making Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice. If anyone is interested, the steps for this quilt are still available on her website and will be there until she takes them down in June (I think).

JanieW 01-28-2014 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
yes, Jeanie, I feel like I really hit the jackpot.

I finished my Irish Mist this morning. I apologize for the wrinkles, it really does lie flat but I am not feeling like pressing it just to fold it up to put away. This gives you the idea. QNS has gone rogue and changed some of her fabric so I can't wait to see her version.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459236[/ATTACH]

These are the fabrics I have chosen for the Tennessee Waltz. Not my usual at all!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459237[/ATTACH]

deranged_damsel 01-28-2014 04:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Ladies!
oooooh I received a wonderful MB from GGal today :D :D :D is it ever AMAZING the workwomanship is INCREDIBLE! thank you Dear :D I will take a pic after my camera charges :D

Here are my OOPs blocks... of course... the first one I attempted I did WRONG (correctly) and had to pick it out :P I think this quilt messed with my head... but just think how GREAT it would look as a MINI, a mini wallhanging :D MINI, I said mini!!!

Ok... and HERE is a quilt I have been TRYING to quilt for two days now... it has fought me every step of the way! My sister pieced this out of old scraps from grandmas sewing clothes... some were sewn, some surged. and EVERY time my needle hit a surged seam the thread would SNAP! FUN for me :D I finally got it done using the largest needle I had :D
Jeanie did you ever master your machine? I sure could use any tips you may have, my model is the 1500 I dont remember if we have the same one, or yours is the newer 1900?
ANYWAY I havent quilted in the blue stripes yet, Im open to SUGGESTIONS :D :D :D

Enjoy the Pics! Have a good one :D

deranged_damsel 01-28-2014 04:37 PM

Waving HELLO to Janie :D
your Irish mist looks GREAT! and I LOVE the bubble print for your TW :thumbup:

deranged_damsel 01-28-2014 04:43 PM

the Celtic Solstice is VERY similar to the Tennessee Waltz, no wonder you would use the Tri Rec for both ;)

QuiltingNinaSue 01-28-2014 04:44 PM

Irish Mist is still giving me grief. The last triangle piece goes on, but drags the outside edge down...so the triangle piece is causing it to sag down...all the other triangles have been OK, but this last one is driving me crazy...I can pin it and falls right...it is level across the top...I sew it and it sags. The degrees are right on both...go figure.

JanieW, I sure am happy for you to have the rulers in your hands after all that looking. And that Irish Mist is look pretty good to me, its all done. And the fabric for TW looks very inviting to cut into the TW quilt.

D_D, the quilts are looking neat. no suggestions here, as I keep hitting a brick wall with current project.

deranged_damsel 01-28-2014 06:37 PM

NinaSue
you might turn the piece upsidedown from how you have been sewing the seam? or start sewing from the other end?
sometimes that works for me :D

GOOD LUCK