Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

works4me 06-29-2014 09:19 AM

Thank you QNS. I'll check the site out. 4" is tiny but as paper piecing is doable. Good practice, too.

Yes, QuiltE, Hawaiian Nights. Perfect.

dublb 06-29-2014 02:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are pict's o' th li'le purse I made for my DGD. I made a few changes in the pattern. First I added the handles & the decorative stitch around the top ta hold the handles up. I added the hand embroidered flower at the top o' the crazy side & used a snap instead o' velcro.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]480927[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480928[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480931[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480932[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 06-29-2014 06:48 PM

dublb - that is just darling! I cannot believe you made it on a serger. I have a serger, but don't use it except for serging the edges of fabric that I put in the washing machine. It is great for that! I'm sorry I got the serger, I thought for sure I would use it more!

Honchey 06-29-2014 07:10 PM

Dublb, your granddaughter is going to love the bag!!! :)

Dh and I are going down south for a couple of weeks and I'm going to be absent until the 10th of July..I bit the bullet and ordered Internet and that's the earliest it can be installed..I'll try to get to the clubhouse to check in before then. Have to get back to the packing..See you later...H.

JeanieG 06-29-2014 10:00 PM

Have a great time Anne!

works4me 06-30-2014 05:30 AM

So much fun dublb. She's sure to love it.

Have a good trip Honchey.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-30-2014 06:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Honchey have a good trip...I cannot manage one household...don't know how you manage two.

Dublb...dgd ought to love it.

Progress, slow...but progress on confetti:[ATTACH=CONFIG]480979[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]480980[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]480981[/ATTACH]strips ready to sew together and duo of blocks ready to assemble into four and one half inch squares.

JeanieG 06-30-2014 10:22 AM

QNS - looks like a fun project, reminds me of my Bonnie Hunter Mysteries - same things occur! You are using beautiful colors, that quilt is going to be spectacular!

dublb 06-30-2014 04:24 PM

Thanks ya'll. :) I'm so glad that I took this class. I haven't used my serger as much as I thought I would & am anxious ta learn more about it.
Sue, I love your confetti! :)

oksewglad 06-30-2014 05:50 PM

I don't know how long it's taken me to catch up on what's been going on--but wow you gals make me look like a sewing slacker! All this talk of mini's.......hmm how did this get started?:Dwith GGal, QE, and w4me. Meanwhile QNS is traveling across Iowa looking for the $ Tree $ I was beginning to wonder if I was going to see "confetti" fabric pieces blowing in from the south. What a treat to get together--would've loved to have driven down (I'm about 2 1/2 hours from Carrie) but busy with wedding aftermath and county fair week.

dublb--emotions do run high when sorting through the past--and look at the memories you are making with that cute purse.

And we are all raving about the ravens that will descend w4me's Halloween quilt.

A "study" size quilt:thumbup: for a grown up little girl. Nicely done, Jan.

A big "sigh" at mirabelle's prolific and pretty quilts

Took a long nap this afternoon. I think I can start getting back to a normal life. Garden is producing lovely broccoli and lettuce. I've been wanting (needing as I have no garage) a garden shed. When my sisters and I were out and about one morning we came across this shed which will fit perfectly north of the house and west of the garden. DH and I drove back up and inspected it--it's a passive solar greenhouse (10 x 12), too. This will put a stop on some fabric purchases!!! Want to stain it a soft gray--I should be able to grow greens most of the winter too! I can't wait until it's delivered next week. Know DH would never have the time to build it for me. So now I'm researching ways to retain heat and how to grow veggies in the winter! Now off to the sewing room.