Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club week 19 Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-19-good-cheer-girls-favorite-photo-page-t189111.html)

mirabelle 05-16-2012 08:15 PM

Everyones blocks are so beautiful, what a wonderful show of talent each week.

gardnergal970 05-17-2012 05:13 AM

Wendig...I really like your blocks. Great color combos in both.

JanieW...such a cute kitty and the other block really pops with the contrasting color. Good work.

DDamsel...you and the barbed wire....again you got them all going the right direction. Very nice!

JanRN...I love your fabric choices for these blocks. I'm glad you had time to enjoy making them with us. I too found that they weren't difficult to put together.

QuiltE...how many UFO's do you plan to have done for the LQS challenge? Nice that you can count the FWQ as one of them. Enjoy your day off.

wendiq 05-17-2012 06:51 AM

Janie W....that kittie is just too cute......a cowboy kittie.....where did you ever find such darling fabric?!

DD.....your stripes are perfect....you are one brave lady!

JanRN.....Always nice blocks.....I found this fairly easy, too.....lots of pieces and time consuming, but easy.....I listen to books while I sew, so easy and uncomplicated suits me just fine....:)

Honchey.....hope you're doing OK.....so nice of you not to forget us all here....I don't think we are forgetting you.....

QuiltE 05-17-2012 06:16 PM

GGal ... The Challenge started back in October and runs thru to the end of May. I've taken several to register, though haven't taken any back yet to provide the finished evidence. Most of those finishes were the weekend before last and now the FWS is done. We pay $2 for each entry, and then the number of "points" are assigned according to the size of the finished product. Wonder if it's according to the measured size? or the # of pieces? If so I should get a gazillion points for that FWS!!! :) I keep meaning to take a pic of what I have finished up, but it just hasn't happened. Hopefully this weekend, being that I am in the last stretch and have the FWS done.

As for what and how many ... right now all are done but one ... one table runner, three small table toppers, a bunch of mug rugs, and my first Mini!!! The last one I registered is a printed panel that I used for a "learn to machine quilt" class. It's never got finished, so now's the time. I'm debating how much work I'll put into it, as I'm not sure how much I like it, or can come to like it or what I'll do with it. I could call it quits and trim and bind it, though I'm thinking of the continuing theme of "learn to quilt" and might do some QAYG trials with it.

So let's hope the world is good to me this weekend and leaves me alone to sew and sew!!! :)

dublb 05-17-2012 07:31 PM

Life; leave QuiltE alone & let her quilt this weekend!

QuiltE 05-17-2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5224970)
Life; leave QuiltE alone & let her quilt this weekend!

Thank you, DublB .... it's now all up to you!

You see, life wasn't so good to me last weekend, and I didn't get much done.
And I know next weekend won't be "my" quilting time ... as I'm taking a course, both days and so, won't have much time to myself beyond the course. Then the following week, I go out of town the end of the week and the next one after is booked up the whole weekend with an assortment. In other words, the last weekend that should be all to me and my machine! :)

dublb 05-17-2012 08:26 PM

Here's hopin' for a great weekend for all o' us.

mirabelle 05-17-2012 10:25 PM

Don't forget to breathe QuiltE, it sounds like you are going to be one busy lady for the next few weeks

QuiltE 05-18-2012 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 5225129)
Don't forget to breathe QuiltE, it sounds like you are going to be one busy lady for the next few weeks

Ha! ... I go back to work in between, for the break! :D

oksewglad 05-18-2012 10:37 AM

Pant**Pant** sounds like QE is catching a breath. Lots of accomplishments. Guess it's the fix to tide you over for no sew time. You know I want to see that mini!!
Jackpot for me yesterday. Quilt guild friend was cleaning her sewing room and gifted a huge bag of scraps for my minis. First order is to make one for her as a TY gift--but who know when that's going to happen. Taking a break from outside work. Last night had kiddos so nothing accomplished. When they left had to put together an ad for our national breed magazine. Was 1:30 AM when I emailed that off. Why am I tired??