Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club week 19 Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-19-good-cheer-girls-favorite-photo-page-t189111.html)

QuiltE 05-18-2012 04:44 PM

Now, let me see ... I wonder why you are tired, OKSGlad? Whatever would it be?? :D Keep those ads going in! A bit of exciting cow news for me ... at the Jersey Spring Sale, the top of the sale was a fresh 3 yo consigned by a neighbour of mine, and the sire was the one we'd bred! Now to keep this of "quilt interest" ... the buyer was the son and DIL of one of the posters here on the QB!

I promise I promise I promise ... Mini photo this weekend! Got home tonight and finally got my lawn furniture out. About time, right? Pulled some weeds that had shown their little faces and watered some new hostas I'd picked up on the way home. Things are dry here ... soybeans are being planted and the soil is like dust! Hot weekend planned and no rain in site. Not good!

oksewglad 05-18-2012 07:04 PM

Great news QE! and to think that new owners are QB connected!
Another reason to be tired tonight. I have not forgotten how to drive a tractor and chop alfalfa for haylage--good four hours of refresher course late this afternoon. On my drive home from the field. DS is following a heifer from the SFarm. Looks like another cow to milk tonight--new calf was a bull-can't have everything.

QuiltE 05-19-2012 03:38 AM

I know ... it was funny how we "met" ... just a few comments here and there and I "knew" she had to be the MIL of a young gal we'd known thru the Jerseys. <sigh> for the new arrival NOT being dressed in pink! At least the tractor job should be easier on the body, than the parlour! :D

dublb 05-19-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5227412)
I know ... it was funny how we "met" ... just a few comments here and there and I "knew" she had to be the MIL of a young gal we'd known thru the Jerseys. <sigh> for the new arrival NOT being dressed in pink! At least the tractor job should be easier on the body, than the parlour! :D</sigh>

Wow that is neet!

JeanieG 05-20-2012 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At last I got this weeks blocks finished. I had them cut out before I left on our Camping Trip, so that helped.

QuiltE 05-21-2012 03:37 AM

Oh JeanieG ... those are lovely. The contrasts really make them. Your colours make them look so different from the ones we've seen already. Once again, how different frabrics give different looks1

mirabelle 05-21-2012 04:12 AM

JeanieG what beautiful blocks, have fun on your camping trip

janRN 05-21-2012 04:32 AM

Love your blocks Jeanie; such bright colors. You're going to have such a happy quilt!

gardnergal970 05-21-2012 04:44 AM

And all the hats are tipped for the Girls' Favorite! The fussy cutting for the geese is over the top. Wonderful blocks, JeanieG.

Termi 05-23-2012 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice work and beautiful blocks all!! I just had no time to list you all individually but you know who you are. That's right, it's all of you!! I barely had time to get mine done. Seemed like Good Cheer took forever. Here are mine.