Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club week 19 Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-19-good-cheer-girls-favorite-photo-page-t189111.html)

QuiltE 05-24-2012 02:05 PM

OH so lovely, once again GrannyQ ... you know we all love those blues of yours!!
Better watch or there may be a rustling some night while you're asleep!

dublb 05-24-2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ (Post 5240229)
Thank you very much for the nice compliments. It's really nice being on this pony ride even tho I not using any pony fabric.

I'm not usein' pony fabric either. :)

gardnergal970 05-25-2012 05:15 AM

Termi...good effort to get them done. Both are well done too! Isn't this fun?

oksewglad 05-25-2012 08:53 PM

Oh I'm spying some beauties again! Great job.
Jeanie--how charming. Your FC's on both are spectacular. Anybody lose a hat?
Termi--the FC horse is lovely. The corner fabrics add to the motion of the block. Your reds and greens are very striking.
GrannyQ. What soothing colors, and beautifully done!

? Has anyone thought to eliminate the four squares in the center and make one bigger square?

Termi 05-26-2012 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 5241811)
Termi...good effort to get them done. Both are well done too! Isn't this fun?

Thanks gardnergal970. I'm having a blast making the blocks and seeing everyone else's.

Termi 05-26-2012 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5243492)
Oh I'm spying some beauties again! Great job.
Jeanie--how charming. Your FC's on both are spectacular. Anybody lose a hat?
Termi--the FC horse is lovely. The corner fabrics add to the motion of the block. Your reds and greens are very striking.
GrannyQ. What soothing colors, and beautifully done!

? Has anyone thought to eliminate the four squares in the center and make one bigger square?

I thought for a second about making a bigger square in the middle but was worried about the quilt police, although I know there are none on this ride.

dublb 05-26-2012 12:19 PM

I'm thinkin' about it. I have the fabric cut out that way. I can go back & cut 4 squares if I haf'ta! Got other blocks ta do first.

gardnergal970 05-26-2012 01:24 PM

I did. I sewed the sides first to make sure I had the right size block but it worked great. The fewer seams I have to fight with. The better

QuiltingNinaSue 05-26-2012 03:23 PM

Yes, I made my center in Good Cheer a solid piece not four pieces...also cut out the multiple side blocks on flying cloud.

Looking ahead on the next eight, I am changing it so no Y seams, substituting, and eliminating a blocks.

mirabelle 05-26-2012 03:44 PM

I made my centre piece into two pieces, worked for me, quilt police definitely not allowed on this pony ride