Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-7-bright-hopes-birds-eye-view-discussion-page-t179417.html)

dublb 02-16-2012 09:41 AM

Hey Ya'll- I went ta see the Dr. He said that I have sinusitis. So I was right in a way. Sinusitis is a type of sinus infection. He gave me some antibiotics, a nasal spray, Sudifed, & a cough syrup. Now I'm gonna be all drugged up. ;)Thanks for the soup & tucking me in QuiltE!

QuiltE 02-16-2012 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4980527)
Hey Ya'll- I went ta see the Dr. He said that I have sinusitis. So I was right in a way. Sinusitis is a type of sinus infection. He gave me some antibiotics, a nasal spray, Sudifed, & a cough syrup. Now I'm gonna be all drugged up. ;)Thanks for the soup & tucking me in QuiltE!

Back to the pampered life, DublB ... don't get cocky and ignore it all!
The sooner you slooooow down, the sooner you'll knock it flat!!
(believe me, I know all too well!!!)

JeanieG 02-16-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 4977488)
Jan, I don't like it either and will always try to take the easy way out. I cut a circle using postcard weight paper..then cut the fabric circle at least 1/2" larger...then using the yo yo technique gather the edge using small stitches pulling the thread so that the fabric folds itself over the paper circle...anchor the thread then press the whole thing... remove the paper...You now have a finished circle with the seam allowance folded and will not come apart.. stitch to whatever you need to. I also did that to the larger one..it was a little more cumbersome but it was better than needle turning the fabric. I love the totem pole fabric...so different...

Hi all, I'm back from my camping trip. Just arrived home late morning.

I was taught to make circles this way Honchey. I also used school glue and glued it down before I stitched around the edge. Will get mine posted sometime today.

dublb 02-16-2012 04:13 PM

JeanieG - I'm so glad that you are back safe. Did ya have a good time?

QuiltE - All I've done for 3 days is lay around, check on the Board & plan how ta git my UFO's done. I'm glad that I got my Bright Hopes done on Sun. Birds Eye is cut out & waiting for me. I just don't have the energy to do it right now. I'm worried about the people that were at the machine quilting class I went to on Mon. I hope that I wasn't contagious. My symptoms started that day & I thought it was just allergies. :eek:

Has anyone heard from Honchey?

Honchey 02-16-2012 04:23 PM

Yes, Here I am.....I, too, am recovering from another bout with the Sinus Bug...My problem is my eyes water like crazy and then puff up and they look like peaches...I know what you're going thru Bev.

I just found more Cowboy fabric in my stash..I will post a photo of it later. H

dublb 02-16-2012 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 4981455)

Yes, Here I am.....I, too, am recovering from another bout with the Sinus Bug...My problem is my eyes water like crazy and then puff up and they look like peaches...I know what you're going thru Bev.

I just found more Cowboy fabric in my stash..I will post a photo of it later. H

Oh no! I don't want anybody ta feel this way! Take it easy. I'll share some of that soup that QuiltE sent me! I'm hoping that I can sleep tonight. If your eyes are watering how can ya see the computer? Not very well I suppose! Take it easy! {hugs}

QuiltE 02-16-2012 06:45 PM

**arrives with a bucket of chicken soup for all who are not at their best**

Sit back and relax, Ladies ... and let yourselves get better.
Yes
DublB, I know you're getting cabin fever, butttttttttttttttt ............!!!!!

Honchey ... sure, make us jealous with yet another score on cowboy fabric!

Guess What?? ... alas, my FWS sashing/border/binding fabric has been shipped and should be here early next week. I hope. I hope. yeeeehaaaaaaaaw! I'm sure that y'all will hear me scream when it is in my hot little hands!! :)

And too, the same LQS is going to start PC in a couple of months. Each time I go, they're working on some of the blocks for their sample quilt. When I was looking they had very little appropriate fabric as they don't really have novelties, but yup, they're bringing in a chuck wagon full of it!! :)

Honchey 02-16-2012 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've gone thru 2 boxes of tissues in 2 days. eye drops, nasal inhalers, antibiotics, hot showers, steam vaporizers, Halls cough drops and chicken soup. If it doesn't start getting better by tomorrow I'm going to see the DR for a cortisone shot. On another note.. Here's a photo of the fabric I mentioned in one of the other threads..I think..It's Xmas cowboys in different settings. there's even a Santa Claus cobwboy riding a horse . real cute but kinda big...He fits in the center of Children's delight. now to see what will go around the center square. i have extra if anyone is interested..PM me. H

QuiltE 02-16-2012 06:53 PM

And now you have me totally excited about a Cowboy Santa ........ the fabric is incredible!
And I even spotted a "Holstein horse"! :)

dublb 02-16-2012 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4981826)
**arrives with a bucket of chicken soup for all who are not at their best**

Sit back and relax, Ladies ... and let yourselves get better.
Yes
DublB, I know you're getting cabin fever, butttttttttttttttt ............!!!!!

Honchey ... sure, make us jealous with yet another score on cowboy fabric!

Guess What?? ... alas, my FWS sashing/border/binding fabric has been shipped and should be here early next week. I hope. I hope. yeeeehaaaaaaaaw! I'm sure that y'all will hear me scream when it is in my hot little hands!! :)

And too, the same LQS is going to start PC in a couple of months. Each time I go, they're working on some of the blocks for their sample quilt. When I was looking they had very little appropriate fabric as they don't really have novelties, but yup, they're bringing in a chuck wagon full of it!! :)

I'm so happy for ya! I bet your "chomping at the bit" ta git 'em in your "hot little hands."

I bet that LQS is going to have a ball with their club, & you get the benefit of all those fabrics! Hooray!

Thanks for more soup! It's so much appreciated!