Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-completed-quilt-top-photo-discussion-page-t148904.html)

JeanieG 11-05-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ (Post 4639115)
Jeanie, both of your quilts are beautiful. Isn't it a good feeling to be done and in some ways, it's like what do I do next. Both have very pretty colors.
grannyQ

Thank you oksewglad and grannyQ. Yes it is great to be done! I don't have to worry about "what to do next"! I have another quilt I'm piecing, and two that need quilting. I've got the small baby quilt all sandwiched, but my big "Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll" (last years Bonnie Hunter Mystery) is still in flimsy stage. I'm going to do Bonnie's new mystery Orca Bay that she just posted fabric requirements for on November 1st. Piecing starts on that November 18th when the first "clue" comes out. All her quilts are fabulous, I can hardly wait to see what Orca Bay turns out like!

Auntie B 11-05-2011 08:38 PM

I know of a good home for it !!! It is spectacular....I love how busy it is and ALL the colours.

Evie 11-06-2011 07:20 AM

Jeanie, I've enjoyed looking at each of your blocks and now that they're finished and put together -- WOW! Both your quilts are beautiful!

janRN 11-07-2011 06:47 PM

Jeanie they're beautiful. All along I thought I'd like the teal/brown best; now I can't decide---I love them both. You really have nice contrast in all your blocks and the sashing sets them off so nice. Congrats on a job well done!

JeanieG 11-07-2011 07:15 PM

Thank you everyone, can hardly wait to start on the Pony Club Quilt!

QuiltE 11-11-2011 06:43 AM

oooooooohhhhhh aaaaaaahhhhhhhh
I'm baaaaaack and enjoying a view of what I've missed while I've been gone.

JeannieG .... Yahooooooooooo!!! (in the best cowgirl yahoo I can muster!)
Stunning for both quilts! Hope you are keeping them to enjoy yourself.

Me too ... can't wait for PC ... am a hoping and a thinking I might get all the FWS blocks done before PC begins! that is, if I giddyup!!! :)

nickylsf 11-14-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 4095997)
Finally!!! (Quilt is flat, grass is lumpy!)

Jan, your FWS is gorgeous. I am inspired to start Block #3 !!

janRN 11-14-2011 09:09 AM

Thank you Nicky! We'd all love to see pics of your blocks as you do them---we're great cheerleaders! There are threads for each set of 2 blocks we did per week--what eye candy!!
Good luck-it's a lot of work but well worth it in the end. I'm a much better piecer and quilter than when I started. If you have any questions, you've got lots of "experts" on here !

yayaquilts 11-14-2011 09:11 AM

Weezie-your quilt top is beautiful!!

QuiltE 11-14-2011 10:10 AM

Mission Accomplished!! .... Five sets of FWS blocks posted .....
#17 thru 24
plus #33 and #34

If you're looking for the threads you can stalk me .... or check Evie's blog where she has all the threads listed.

I haven't been happy with my photos, so yesterday took them outside for their photo ops! I think they're a little better and truer to colour than the previous ones. When you look, you'll see that the one on the right is always chopped off ... not so when I downloaded them from my camera, so I'll not zoom in quite so close for future pics. And here I thought I was doing good, by getting close-ups! :)

ENJOY, my dear friends!!!!!!