Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-completed-quilt-top-photo-discussion-page-t148904.html)

mirabelle 05-15-2012 04:39 PM

Thank you everyone, the support throughout the FWS journey has been incredible. I took more photos of blocks and then looked at them individually and I think the quilting is growing on me. I struggled a lot with my fabric choices on this quilt and this may have contributed also. I really am a pink and purple kind of girl, but I wanted to extend myself and do something that would challenge me, and this quilt was certainly that.

QuiltE 05-15-2012 07:33 PM

Oh MiraB ... it's absolutely stunning! Yes indeed you should be proud ... and it's so nice to know your husband wants it on your bed!! (even if it's a no-no because of the dogs!). All the blocks looks so sharp and precise. Good for you for "forcing" yourself to step outside your comfort zone and it certainly has created an outstanding result!

QuiltE 05-17-2012 03:57 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Here it is ... all quilted and bound!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336054[/ATTACH]

The Maple Leaf is smack dab in the centre .... 4-H one step below!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336055[/ATTACH]

Brown thread for the main part of the quilt and the setting triangles, with a dark green to match the outer border. There's a Postage Stamp block at each of the four corners, with one piece of each of the different fabrics used in the quilt, (36x4=144 fabrics!). Otherwise, every block is different. I "think" you can see the detail of the quilting for the setting triangles and border.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336056[/ATTACH]

A look at the front and back together ......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336057[/ATTACH]

The quilt really needs to be hung on a wall and seen from a distance. Oh how I enjoyed seeing it that way today. So if it's "too much", it can always be used as a whole cloth quilt! :) Almost every block is quilted with a different pattern ......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336058[/ATTACH]

Some looks at the quilting detail .......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336061[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336062[/ATTACH]

janRN 05-17-2012 05:07 PM

Oh, QE, I am in awe!!! That is just beautiful. The dark green sashing is so rich and adds so much to the overall richness of your block colors. Wow. I don't have enough adjectives to use--I'm speechless. You have got to be so pleased with how it turned out. Congratulations on a terrific quilt.

QuiltE 05-17-2012 05:57 PM

Thanks JanRN ... I was even awstruck today, when I saw it hanging from the distance it was just so much nicer than I'd been able to see it from all the much closer views. Too bad I didn't have my old farm house as I had the big rooms and walls to hang it on!! :( Yes, I am pleased , very pleased ... Will I be able to sleep tonight? :D

QuiltingNinaSue 05-17-2012 06:00 PM

Wow!! Great detail of the LA quilting in the picture! And the Blocks are in perfect harmony with the borders. It blows me away!!

JeanieG 05-17-2012 07:02 PM

QuiltE the quilting is magnificent. I so like each block quilted separately - your LAQ did a marvelous job! Congratulations!!!

dublb 05-17-2012 07:54 PM

Your quilt is so lovely! I'm so glad that ya posted the up close picts. here. Your LA did a great job.

oksewglad 05-17-2012 08:24 PM

What a fantastic finish!! And the back is almost as lovely as the front. Wonderfully done, friend.

mirabelle 05-17-2012 10:34 PM

Wow Wow and double Wow, how gorgeous is that quilt. Absolutely stunning QuiltE, you should be proud of the effort that went into such a masterpiece.....