Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for 50 Completed Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-photo-page-50-completed-blocks-t91792.html)

mirabelle 01-21-2011 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my first 50, sob sob I don't have a design wall so they are laid out on the floor. I can't decide on what colour sashing, maybe I need to rehearse a couple of different colour ways.
Hope you like them.
It is amazing how different everyones blocks look :thumbup:

First 50
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164831[/ATTACH]

JAGSD 01-21-2011 03:11 AM

mirabelle,
Beautiful! your colors go together so well.

janRN 01-21-2011 05:34 AM

Mirabelle I love your blocks-nice mix of colors. Pookie is right-this site has taught me so much, esp about scrappy. Great job!

Quilting Nonnie 01-21-2011 06:44 AM

AMAZING!!! Ladies, I'm speechless! Absolutely gorgeous layouts. Good for you; I need a thesaurus, but I am in awe.

Jagsd, Awww, your blocks are wonderful. Both sets look so cohesive and are a knock-out.
I think I'd go with the med blue background then maybe a darker cornerstone.
Your scrappy doesn't look dark to me; it looks balanced. I think that maybe a rich, chocolate brown sashing? Look at Laurie's sashing on her quilt.

Granny Q, each week I fall in love all over with your purple blocks, but wow! as a group... You are a master, the way you can pull tones and shades together is amazing.

Aunt Jo, gorgeous! Each block are all so different, yet when they're laid out they harmonize so nicely!

Mirabelle...you and me without design walls. Let's have a pity party :lol: Waaahhh! Your colors flow so nicely...what a lovely job. Where's that darn thesaurus? You have done a wonderful job with your blocks.

JeanieG 01-21-2011 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle
Here are my first 50, sob sob I don't have a design wall so they are laid out on the floor. I can't decide on what colour sashing, maybe I need to rehearse a couple of different colour ways.
Hope you like them.
It is amazing how different everyones blocks look :thumbup:

Oh how beautiful Mirabelle! This group really helped me choose the sashing and cornerstones. Just lay some out and snap a couple photos! I'm making a lap quilt out of the first 55. Then I am switching fabric to make another lap quilt out of the rest for our motorhome.

rwquilts 01-21-2011 08:28 AM

Oh my goodness! Ladies, these blocks are absolutely stunning! I'm blown away by all the beauties!

weezie 01-21-2011 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking good, y'all!

Here are my first 50. I re-did 3 but have 2 more that I dislike enough to re-do them, eventually.

rwquilts 01-21-2011 11:05 AM

Gorgeous blocks Weezie!

weezie 01-21-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Gorgeous blocks Weezie!

Thank you, Ma'am!

Quilting Nonnie 01-21-2011 12:40 PM

Weezie,

Your blocks look wonderful! The colors go very well together. Congratulations!