Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for 50 Completed Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-photo-page-50-completed-blocks-t91792.html)

grannyQ 01-21-2011 01:43 PM

I really like all of the 1st 50 blocks.
It looks like everyone has a style of their own and no two look alike. Just amazing what everyone can do with the same block. Keep them coming.
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my purples. I have had a great time trying to decide what fabric to put in each block. Try not to duplicate too much.

weezie 01-21-2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Weezie,

Your blocks look wonderful! The colors go very well together. Congratulations!

Thank you very much. When I look at them all together, the 2 that I'm going to re-do just jump right out at me. It makes my fingers itch to toss them away.

What I like about putting up all 50 at once (and this is the first time I've done it), it gives us a chance to see clearly what colors we need more or less of.

JAGSD 01-21-2011 02:40 PM

Weezie,
Your blocks look Beautiful!

sew cornie 01-21-2011 02:43 PM

Sorry, weezie, but I'm not seeing any that don't belong. Your collection is beautiful. :-D

oksewglad 01-21-2011 05:20 PM

You ladies are doing such a spectacular job; the sewing is so precise, the color decisions are amazing. I can not wait until I get to this point! Kudos to you all.

mirabelle 01-21-2011 08:35 PM

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. This group certainly rocks in my world. My DD will be home for holidays in 6 weeks, I have already told her that she has the job of picking my sashings, she has THE knack for putting fabrics together

janRN 01-22-2011 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my 1st 50 blocks: one set on dark background one set on light. Preference yet? I can't decide. Please ignore dog-not included in quilt LOL.
Need more red? Suggestions and critique welcomed.

grannyQ 01-22-2011 10:12 AM

I like the blocks on the light back ground. love your dog too.
Beautiful colors in all of your blocks.

Quilting Nonnie 01-22-2011 10:22 AM

Jan, Your blocks are so pretty! I'm thinking the blue background. I like a darker color. How about forest green?

I think the reds are very much holding their own. It doesn't seem you need to work to add more, just in the same amount as now.

Congratulations on your first 50!

weezie 01-22-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Here are my 1st 50 blocks: one set on dark background one set on light. Preference yet? I can't decide. Please ignore dog-not included in quilt LOL.
Need more red? Suggestions and critique welcomed.

Very pretty blocks, Jan. I like the dark much better than the light background; many of your blocks blend right into the light background in the photo.

I have my background fabrics, but have not yet set any blocks on it to see how they'll look. I might get a horrible shock when I do.