Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 28 Blocks 55 & 56 Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-28-blocks-55-56-discussion-page-t98022.html)

janRN 02-13-2011 09:49 AM

QNS your fabrics never cease to amaze me!! I love how you relate your fabric choices to the name of the block. And your work is beautiful. You are a busy and generous lady!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-13-2011 10:19 AM

I feel so bless, JanRN, to have found this loving, caring, and sharing QB. I am retired and have one good eye; left eye blew an optic nerve in 1999. It has never stopped me from driving or quilting...its always been a family motto "to pass an act of kindness on" as quietly as we can.

I am a self-taught quilter with some bad habits like loving to press my work with a hot steam iron that makes the square go wonky. This QB has helped to answer questions I have never ask, but have learned a lot. And this experience of the Fwsq has taught me a great deal. I love it and truly feel like I could adopt any of the blocks I have seen in this project...beautiful work.

If these numbers I have given is a favorite of yours you would like to make and give the block, I will pull that block and yield to another quilter. With 111 blocks there are many to choose from...that is a lot of fun.

mirabelle 02-14-2011 02:52 PM

Hi Honchey
I would love to send a block to Muriel from Australia. This sew along has been great and for me to keep up has also been amazing.
I hope to set my machine back up by the weekend. Just a quick look through my book and I think I might make Block 40 Friendship Block.
I will PM you for her address when I have my block made.

sew cornie 02-15-2011 05:11 PM

I would love to make a block for Muriel. I'd been thinking of her recently as I hadn't seen her post in a long time, but I was unaware of her troubles. I'm still quite far behind in the FMSQ, but if it weren't for Muriel's encouragement, I never would have started it to begin with. I have plenty of jewel toned fabrics including deep purple. As a former Alaskan myself, I'd like to send her

#61 "Northern Lights".

They're always a favorite sight to see for Alaskans. I hope she likes it.

Honchey, I'll PM you for her address.

janRN 02-22-2011 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Blocks for Muriel. I couldn't come up with jewel tones for Railroad but hope these will be okay.

Honchey 02-22-2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Blocks for Muriel. I couldn't come up with jewel tones for Railroad but hope these will be okay.

JanRN, I'm sure she's going to love the blocks. I really wouldn't be concerned about fabrics/colors---she will feel all the love and concern for her in them---I know I would!!! Anne

mirabelle 02-23-2011 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Made this block on the weekend, hope it is ok. I think there may be another Friendship Block so if you don;t want duplicates please let me know and I will happily make another block.

Friendship block in jewel tones
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124896[/ATTACH]

Honchey 02-23-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle
Made this block on the weekend, hope it is ok. I think there may be another Friendship Block so if you don;t want duplicates please let me know and I will happily make another block.

The block is beautiful--I wouldn't be concerned about duplicate blocks. With all the fabric and colors in this world there's no way they would look alike. Thanks for participating. I can just picture Muriel (oops) Dan opening all the cards and seeing the wonderful blocks !

Jagsd3 02-24-2011 06:05 AM

I am planning on making #66 Periwinkle and #78 Shooting Star. Heading to work on them now.

Jagsd3 02-24-2011 08:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hope these are okay. The are in Grapes/Purples but appear more blues. No blues in them.

Will PM to get address to send.

Block # 78 Shooting Star-Grape colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135713[/ATTACH]

Block #66 Periwinkle-Grape colors will trya nd get a better picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135714[/ATTACH]