Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party, Week 20, LS 3, K10, C2, C4, and C7. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-week-20-ls-3-k10-c2-c4-c7-t46156.html)

Lacelady 05-17-2010 03:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The tri is fairly straightforward, with a couple of appliqued melons. Are you all getting used to doing them by now?
K10 looks fiddly, but OK as long as you check placement of the blocks. This is one that you should mirror if you want it the same as the original, but I forgot again!
C2 is similar to one already done, but I found this one easier. I appliqued the two larger (corner) triangles over the top of my diagonal seams.
C4 again looks a little fiddly, and might be for those of you hand sewing. PPers shouldn't have too many problems getting those strips ine the middle even. The inset seams in the outer corners are reasonable because of the gentle angle.
C7 might be tricky getting the diamonds lined up, point to point around the central square. If you have problems, try sewing them together with the largest stitch on your machine. If you haven't got them point to point, at least it is very easy to get the stitches out and you can try again.

sandpat 05-17-2010 04:54 AM

Thanks so much Lesley! I always like to see how somebody else did them...it makes it easier for me to figure them out. Thanks for being the "big girl" in the Cyber sew and doing them all 1st!

This week does appear that it will be easier....I might just PP those diamonds on C7 and C2 though....hope to get to them today.

Lacelady 05-17-2010 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Thanks so much Lesley! I always like to see how somebody else did them...it makes it easier for me to figure them out. Thanks for being the "big girl" in the Cyber sew and doing them all 1st!

This week does appear that it will be easier....I might just PP those diamonds on C7 and C2 though....hope to get to them today.

Either way, Patti, it's great that you can make a start today.

sandpat 05-17-2010 03:29 PM

Well...so far have the tri done and C2 and half of C7...they aren't too bad this week. I'll do the appique later in front of the tv..

wilhelmina 05-17-2010 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Week 20

Week 20
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69370[/ATTACH]

Lacelady 05-17-2010 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well...so far have the tri done and C2 and half of C7...they aren't too bad this week. I'll do the appique later in front of the tv..

Wow Patti, you are nearly done this week.

Lacelady 05-17-2010 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Week 20

Lovely set Wil - beautiful neutrals.

Esqmommy 05-18-2010 05:22 AM

Outstanding blocks Meredith and Lesley!!!

sandpat 05-18-2010 05:32 AM

Oh Meredith!!! Those look wonderful!!! The fabric on C7 is one of my favs...and I'm out of it already...I love all of them, great job!

Janstar 05-18-2010 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Week 20

Week 20
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69740[/ATTACH]