Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party Wk. 44, K6, H8, I6, J5, LS9 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-wk-44-k6-h8-i6-j5-ls9-t73605.html)

sandpat 11-01-2010 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This week's blocks are a little fiddly, but not too bad.

K6- is very straightforward pp'ing if you choose to do it that way. It would be an easy rotary cutting block also.

H8- is a little more difficult. I printed out the "block" and cut out the center circle. I pp'd the inner circle then cut out a freezer paper circle to use as a pattern. I appliqued the freezer paper circle to the center of the blcok.

I6- I started by making a 4 patch block. Again I made a freezer paper pattern for the shape to applique to the final block. Finish up by appliqueing the melons which we are all used to doing by now.

J5- I made PP'd the center square the print square and the red square, then I sewed the corner tri's to the outer red square. I appliqued the entire piece to the background.

LS9-I appliqued the entire thing although you could extend the lines on the top diamond and pp it. I back basted the whole thing and had a hard time lining up the 2 half circles (and the rest of it too for that matter.) Well...finished is better than perfect rings true in this case.

week 44
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117164[/ATTACH]

wilhelmina 11-01-2010 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Patti, as always, love your blocks! You sense of color is always a delight as you are so creative with the color placement.

My Week 44...:lol:

sandpat 11-01-2010 04:22 PM

Thanks Wil, you blocks are fantastic! You played with color this week as well and I love them! In particular, I love your K6 :D:

wilhelmina 11-01-2010 04:40 PM

K6 may have been the easy one, for me, as it is pp'd this week! It has my favorite star fabrics. Thanks Patti!

H8 is another story, maybe I was tired or something... It should have been fine, but I made it as difficult as possible, and the middle is too big and turned wrong, but it is d-o-n-e! :lol:

J5 is pieced and the points are not perfect, but it finished too. :D :D

The tri and I6 were easy enough, of course, you all know by now, when I applique it is with my machine... :lol: :lol:

QuiltswithConvicts 11-01-2010 06:59 PM

OOOOO, I really like the addition of the pink. REminds me of strawberry nougat inside dark chocolate. Yum!

sandpat 11-02-2010 04:55 AM

I'm giggling Wil because I have several blocks in the quilt that I turned all or part of it the "wrong" way. But....as my DH says, "who's to say its the wrong way, maybe she turned it wrong and you turned it right!" He can be a great guy :D:

Thanks Kathy!

Janstar 11-02-2010 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Week 44.

Week 44.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118395[/ATTACH]

sandpat 11-03-2010 04:49 AM

Beautiful Jan! I like how you did your J5...it looks really interesting that way. Hmmmm....wish I'd thought of that!

Butterflyspain 11-03-2010 09:49 AM

Awe ladies, you are all doing wonderful things and I love them all, be they finished and you not happy with them they are finished and thats it. I cannot see a thing wrong with any of them. the colourways are just great too love them all.

Elle Gosh I have a lot of catching up to do

Janstar 11-03-2010 06:54 PM

Love your blocks Pat and Wil! Can't wait to see them all put together! Your colors are so cool!