Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Week 4 - H4, F7, H3, A9, LS10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-sew-week-4-h4-f7-h3-a9-ls10-t34651.html)

luvmortherest 01-20-2010 07:36 PM

beautiful :thumbup:

Icandothat 01-20-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
for those who have the software H4 abbey's eye variation block 2 can be paper pieced

I can't figure out how to PP it.
My software does not list that option.

luvmortherest 01-20-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Icandothat

for those who have the software H4 abbey's eye variation block 2 can be paper pieced

in the software it foundation pattern

luvmortherest 01-20-2010 08:27 PM

go to libraries, then go to center block variations, then variations row H, then choose variation 2. hope this helps

Icandothat 01-20-2010 08:30 PM

in the software it foundation pattern

When I go to print H4, I do not have a PP/foundation option. When I choose foundation and preview, I get a blank screen. No line drawing. A couple things have made me wonder if I have an earlier version of the software.

Icandothat 01-20-2010 08:53 PM

go to libraries, then go to center block variations, then variations row H, then choose variation 2. hope this helps

What do I do with it after I choose it?
Thanks for your help.

luvmortherest 01-20-2010 08:55 PM

when you open libraries go to block library. there should be a little box that pops up with the different libraries in it. there should be four selections:
Center Blocks
Center Block Variations
Border Blocks
Good For Alternate Blocks

open the center block variations. open variations row H. there should be 2 H4's the bottom one is the one i printed out that is a foundation pattern

Icandothat 01-20-2010 09:02 PM

when you open libraries go to block library. there should be a little box that pops up with the different libraries in it. there should be four selections:
Center Blocks
Center Block Variations
Border Blocks

open the center block variations. open variations row H. there should be 2 H4's the bottom one is the one i printed out that is a foundation pattern

Thanks for all your help. I think I just figured out that when I select it, it saves to my sketchbook. Then, I can print from my sketchbook. Is that correct? or is there something I am missing? I am learning this software as I go.

BlueChicken 01-20-2010 09:03 PM

Thanks for that luvmortherest. :-)

When the block has an inset seam or a piece that needs to be appliqued, the software won't allow you to pick Foundation print, because it thinks it's impossible.

The built in library does have variations of each block, which is one option, or you can redraft the block yourself, which is slightly more difficult.

luvmortherest 01-20-2010 09:10 PM

Center Blocks
Center Block Variations
Border Blocks

Thanks for all your help. I think I just figured out that when I select it, it saves to my sketchbook. Then, I can print from my sketchbook. Is that correct? or is there something I am missing? I am learning this software as I go.

you should be able to although i just select my blocks in the opening screen then figure out which one i want to print out and how i want to print it
any time glad i could help if i did