Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Week 4 - H4, F7, H3, A9, LS10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-sew-week-4-h4-f7-h3-a9-ls10-t34651.html)

luvmortherest 01-20-2010 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Thanks Luv...that was my next move, so thanks for taking care of it!

Which leads me to think..if anyone wants to talk through a block, have a conversation about piecing or using the software (although I still have TONS to learn), I'm happy to help...you can call me or I can call you. Just send me a PM and I'll respond. During the day I'm at work, and don't check in so often...so if it's immediate, it might not happen.

it was my pleasure to help a fellow quilter :-D

Butterflyspain 01-21-2010 01:01 AM

Esq your blocks look perfect to me. Love the colours you chose.

I am really enjoying seeing everyones colour choices and donīt the blocks look different-

Elle

Lacelady 01-21-2010 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Esq your blocks look perfect to me. Love the colours you chose.

I am really enjoying seeing everyones colour choices and donīt the blocks look different-

Elle

Morning everyone - they all look good to me.

BlueChicken 01-21-2010 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had to post.... no self control at all.....

I've made LS10, and it came out ok. I did an inset seam using the machine, following "cute's tute" (you know you want to say that outloud!) and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought.

I ended up with a tiny gather in the inset seam on the right side, you can just see it in the photo, but I think I can get rid of that in the next one. Sometimes it's just a bit of confidence that a block needs. (that will come back to haunt me won't it)

Lacelady 01-21-2010 04:43 AM

I don't think you need to do it again, Blue, just squirt that gather with water or spray starch, and attack it with the point of your iron - I am willing to bet it submits, and sits down nicely after that treatment.

BlueChicken 01-21-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I don't think you need to do it again, Blue, just squirt that gather with water or spray starch, and attack it with the point of your iron - I am willing to bet it submits, and sits down nicely after that treatment.

I'm not remaking this one... this is fine, I can totally live with this! lol

I still have to make another in blue though, that's what I meant, I think the next one will go better. :-)

bearpaw 01-21-2010 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
when you open libraries go to block library. there should be a little box that pops up with the different libraries in it. there should be four selections:
Center Blocks
Center Block Variations
Border Blocks
Good For Alternate Blocks

open the center block variations. open variations row H. there should be 2 H4's the bottom one is the one i printed out that is a foundation pattern

Thank you so much for this explanation - I didn't know that there were different variations. This is totally helpful! :D

bearpaw 01-21-2010 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

I'm not remaking this one... this is fine, I can totally live with this! lol

I still have to make another in blue though, that's what I meant, I think the next one will go better. :-)

I don't see anything wrong with it! It looks perfect!!

bearpaw 01-21-2010 05:21 AM

For everyone else, I have just finished week 9 in blocks, because I am having a ball doing them. I posted pics of the last three on my PDA this afternoon, if you want a preview, otherwise, I will be posting on these threads when they come up.

WOW!!! Lesley, they all look GREAT!!!

Shemjo 01-21-2010 05:26 AM

Beautiful blocks Lesley and Blue. Thanks for sharing.