Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

VickiM 10-16-2012 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5590497)
Vicki, If you use a stripe or rickrack in a quilt, it will not be even and all going in the same direction. Sorry.

Ok, thanks...I will just go ahead & use it. I appreciate your input!:thumbup: I have 5 craftshows in 6 weeks, so I will have to wait on doing this...but will keep checking in & getting the steps copied. Then I can get it made in Dec. BEFORE the mystery is solved as I don't do shows in Dec. anymore. Need to have time to get my personal gifts made!;)

rubiesnana 10-16-2012 04:31 PM

Hi , I'd like to join the Mystery Quilt Train Ride, I will look for fabric tommorrow.
Pam

JeanieG 10-16-2012 04:50 PM

Hi everyone! I've got some fabric out, and keeping looking at it, then changing one for another, and looking at it! LOL I'll take a pic of the current one and get it posted soon. I'm looking forward to this train ride! I've loved the last two I've done!

JeanieG 10-16-2012 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Judy, here is the fabric I have come up with. Please let me know if you think they will work for this quilt!

roseirish48 10-16-2012 05:35 PM

another train trip? yippee! havent finished the last one--got to final borders but they are fitting and been too busy to check out why.--The first mystery quilt was finished and given to friend who absolutely loved it. i'll have to keep track of directions and see if I can find pieces big enough in my stash and then the time to actually sew it in between secret santa an NYb blocks and a queen size quilt for Xmas gift.

Nelco 10-16-2012 05:36 PM

Thank you for your feed back. I will switch and keep lookin for my gray

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5587062)
Wow, been a lot of activity and busy people!

Ok, on to business - hope I don't offend anyone with my comments.

reeskyler - I think you need more contrast on you E fabric expecially having A and D light fabrics.

bibliostone - welcome!

clevermom - perhaps you have too much white. And using fat quarters will be possible if you have plenty of them -- you will lose a lot when you cut. Also, don't use too whites - E and D. A C & F are lovely. Do you have a B with more color?

Nelco - pretty colors, and yes, a gray would work. But I would switch D & C - C should be darker than D

urgods - I'm afraid with the way this will be cut, this print is kind of large.

Haylilliam - like top choices, they will be gret.

Dotty - I agree, seems like a lot, but don't forget the size. And you know you lose a bit when you cut. And there is a bit extra.

Elisabrat 10-16-2012 06:00 PM

help

5 Attachment(s)
Ok here I have any and all possible combos I could come up with due to size requirements.. this is it kiddos. I am open to any and all suggestions like hey toss that idea out completely to that one is great to use this from plan C and put it in plan A I dont care. Not knowing what I am making is well very tough on me and those who know how this works probably are laughing. TOO bad, playing so here it goes: plan A through D lol a lot but I told you I am stumped.

Elisabrat 10-16-2012 06:09 PM

ps that stripe I have 1 and a half yards of so I can get most things in the way I want them and sometimes its ok to move stripes isnt it to go half one way and half another? or is this a quilters no no? that is black in the pics the solid is flesh tone on a warm side, the roses are on green not blue as the pic shows in the medium contrast think its C photo.. other than that thats all I could come up with. I sure had to work to get those.

coopah 10-16-2012 07:56 PM

Wow, Elizabrat, those are some nifty choices!! My stash pieces are all too small except for ones with violets (Sunliten you've got those, too). So I may just tag along and keep the club car clean! :-)

irishrose 10-16-2012 08:12 PM

Elizabrat, I like the first picture (abcd row two ef) and plan C, part 2, but I wonder how the light green on cream from plan C, part 1 would look in place of the pale lilac on the right in the first picture. ABCDE would stay the same and the green cream would become F. Just a thought.