Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

SunlitenSmiles 10-25-2012 11:08 AM

Beautiful Coopah.....................luv purple and green

Pam H 10-25-2012 11:14 AM

Your blocks look great Christine and Coopah.
Gretchen, I like the first grouping. I made tote bags for my daughter's wedding out of that green.

Sauki1 10-25-2012 11:39 AM

Sorta like the first one Gretchen. Welcome to our train and come on down to get some goodies in the club car. All food is calorie free on this ride!

JeanieG 10-25-2012 01:08 PM

Coopah - love your purples!

materialgrl 10-25-2012 02:39 PM

I love everyones fabrics so pretty

irishrose 10-25-2012 03:31 PM

I love the first one, Gretchen. The lighter aqua in the second is too washed out for those wonderful colors, IMO.

coopah 10-25-2012 03:45 PM

OK, my purples are done so the greens will be for the next clue. Thanks, Sunliten and Jeanie G. for the compliments. I was 1" short of the spiral purple after shrinking it (and I bought extra but it really shrunk...good thing I prewashed, huh?). So today was an emergency run to the LQS to get more. Such excitement on this trip!! The furry quilt inspectors are doing a good job!

The color combos on this trip are beautiful. And the food...oh my goodness!! Sunliten, are you ready to zip off to a quilt shop or two in that snazzy electric car? See you on Saturday!!

Elisabrat 10-25-2012 04:39 PM

I love.. THEM ALL. they especially are easy to get an idea of when they are sewn into hst's. those purple sheesh they look like in the first block you semi framed them wouldnt that be pretty? next train ride.

I ate all the pecan ice cream with pecan carmel sauce yes yes I did but there is mint chip with sauce left I think up front in the first car check there. just offering pan seared steak and a bake potato tonight with green salad if anyone wants a hearty simple meal.. choice of salad dressing, ranch, caesar or rice wine vinegrette.. something for everyone! oh those are stuffed potatoes, butter, cheddar and topped with bacon and sour creme, home made oh and green onions.. in fact unless you want a burnt tater I had better go check on them rightnow!

purtercat92 10-25-2012 04:56 PM

Gretchen, I love, love, love the first option! Your fabrics are beautiful!! Welcome aboard, should be plenty of goodies in the club car.

VickiM 10-25-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gretchen (Post 5611695)
So I'd like to jump on board with all you fun folks! Hope you still have room! LoL!! As the racing season here in the Midwest/Gt Lakes area is ending this weekend I will be free to sit in front of my machine and sew till my hearts content - well at least until spring!! As I have never done a mystery quilt I thought I would give it a try - but I told myself I had to go to my fabric collection and make a withdrawal... so here are two options that I came up with.... what do you think?

I like #2 but I would use the gold instead of the tourquoise as F. Love the fabrics!