Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

chefbwarner 11-03-2012 10:38 AM

OK I counted wrong. pix #5 is with the small white and double purple pieces. I shall disregard that photo LOL *big sigh* Retta

Belfrybat 11-03-2012 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by chefbwarner (Post 5632055)
I am confused now. what's wrong with pix #5. are the strips in the wrong order??? Are the lights supposed to be on each corner??? Maybe I'm making this more difficult, but the more I read, the more confused I get. Help please ??

It looks like instead of three 2.5" strips, she used a 2.5 light and 5.5. dark. The strips should have 2 light outside and one dark inside -- the reverse of the strips cut on the right.

Belfrybat 11-03-2012 10:52 AM

One of my fabrics is not full width. How many of each 9 patch combination are we supposed to end up with?

dotcomdtcm 11-03-2012 10:59 AM

This train has happily avoided Storm Sandy. I am hopping off to collect quilts for the victims in Long Beach, on Long Island. Our QB friend, Krystyna, lost her home and much of her business. If you have a quilt you can part with, consider sending them to Krystyna's community. You can trust that it will comfort someone in need. I'm going to finish up my Mystery Train #1 tops and send my lovely Boom 6 project. I used to live on Long Beach, but now we are safe and warm in NYC. I will drive out to see Krystyna in a few weeks. Right now there is a gas shortage and power is stil out in a lot of homes! Let us count our blessings, Dotty

quilts from

GrammaMary 11-03-2012 11:26 AM

was just checking in to see if the clue was posted yet. see it hasn't so back to doing laundry
when DH gets home will be going out for sushi. Anybody want me to bring some back.
Will be baking cookies later on.

paintmejudy 11-03-2012 11:34 AM

Belfrybat - sorry again - guess I'm still not feeling too well. You will make six each of the two different fabric combinations of A B E and C D F. for a total of 12 blocks. The E and F colors will be in the outside corners, as shown in the pictures, and are the tradional 9-patch blocks that will be 6-1/2" sq

the bad Pix 5 shows a wider purple strip of fabric than of white fabric. All 3 strips should have been cut at 2-1/2". Follow the written instructions for the C-D-F fabrics on making a 9-patch block. Again, so sorry.

paintmejudy 11-03-2012 11:37 AM

Grandma it was posted today a little after 9 a.m., it is post #694, go back a couple pages and you will find it.

Originally Posted by GrammaMary (Post 5632154)
was just checking in to see if the clue was posted yet. see it hasn't so back to doing laundry
when DH gets home will be going out for sushi. Anybody want me to bring some back.
Will be baking cookies later on.

Caroline S 11-03-2012 12:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I decided that I was going to make use my second boarding pass (it was Jaba's fault!) I have been wanting to use the purple pepper fabric for ages for something. It is an Alexander Henry fabric, Red Hot Chili Peppers, circa 1993, 7 yards, that I purchased from Goodwill over a year ago.

I may be shifting fabrics around a bit. But likely will keep the purple pepper and red together. The green and orange on the left are my EF fabrics. The orange is two different fabrics. Will gladly accept suggestions from my fellow travelers.

pbadder 11-03-2012 12:47 PM

I cut my strips 2-1/2" wof, than I put strips together as noted in instructions. But when I sew my nine patch I get height 6-1/2" but my width is only 6". I checked all my seams and they are exactly 1/4". And yes when I cut off the sewn together strips in 2-1/2" pieces. I only put one block together and have the others cut and ready to sew for 9 patches. Do I need to cut all over again. Need help please as what to do?

jaba 11-03-2012 12:49 PM

My fault? Okay I like that chili fabric too!! and since you have plenty you can make 2 you naughty girl. I'll be watching for it at the end of our ride. I should still be on the train but if for some reason I'm not, I'll leave my address with you.