Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

bibliostone 11-06-2012 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jumping on board. Colors in this picture are not true, but you get the idea. Originally, I planned on a Christmas quilt, but did not have enough large pieces. Thus, fall (orange, yellow, green, & brown) it is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374849[/ATTACH]

babyfireo4 11-06-2012 03:43 PM

Belfrybat, I really like the brown with the small flower on it with the peachy color and the tonal with the leaves. I think it's perfect! Just my opinion though, grain of salt and all that ;)

coopah 11-06-2012 04:04 PM

Thanks, Judy. Glad you are feeling somewhat better. :thumbup: Keep those fluids going!! Hey, Carsey, those grays and pinks are just the ticket for this trip. IMHO :D Now, if I can just find out where you live in FL, maybe it would follow me home if I visited you! Oh, just kidding. Maybe!! :D

LTeachergeorge 11-06-2012 06:10 PM

Carsey, love your pinks and greys!!

Linda

VickiM 11-06-2012 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by everythinghomemade (Post 5636385)
I feel so behind. Between starting a new job and getting setting up with my new studio. I have not cut into anything yet been watching. I may end up working 14 straight days to cover not working on Turkey day or the day after. I have the fabric pick out!!! Here is what i have going so far[ATTACH=CONFIG]374516[/ATTACH] Although I am thinking of changing E or F to a lighter fabric like a white color.

Yea! Someone else using sparklies in their quilt......:) Like your choices.:thumbup:

VickiM 11-06-2012 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by haylillan (Post 5637281)
glad to hear you're some what better. i finally finished my 9 patches every ones fabrics are so pretty its hard to decide which ones i like best

I love the movement your quilt is showing with the dots, stripes, & squigglies...can't wait to see it finished!

VickiM 11-06-2012 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by dart1 (Post 5637641)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]374707[/ATTACH]

Can any of you experienced quilters let me know if my two darker fabrics are too dark together - the black print and the red/orange/black print? I'm never too comfortable with choosing colors. Thanks for any and all input.

I think they look good...that darker color kinda brings it out! :)

Oksewnsew 11-06-2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge (Post 5639899)
Carsey, love your pinks and greys!!

Linda

DITTO, Carsey...it will make a lovely top..:thumbup:

Carsey 11-07-2012 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5639656)
Thanks, Judy. Glad you are feeling somewhat better. :thumbup: Keep those fluids going!! Hey, Carsey, those grays and pinks are just the ticket for this trip. IMHO :D Now, if I can just find out where you live in FL, maybe it would follow me home if I visited you! Oh, just kidding. Maybe!! :D

Thanks and cute!! I LOVE Ocala!! I'm the Tallahassee Lassie, lol.

Blessings!
Carole

Carsey 11-07-2012 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5640145)
DITTO, Carsey...it will make a lovely top..:thumbup:

Thanks! Just waiting for the OK from Judy just in case I need some different color.

Blessings!
Carole