Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/just-takes-2-quilt-along-t175140.html)

NDQuilts 03-01-2012 06:51 PM

I was excited to see the blocks this time. I am still only halfway through the last set, so I will need to do some catch up this month.

Anael 03-02-2012 01:36 PM

I hoped there was a foundation pattern too but no :( Searched the internet but no luck, so I guess I'll have to piece this one.

DogHouseMom 03-02-2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5025509)
I hoped there was a foundation pattern too but no :( Searched the internet but no luck, so I guess I'll have to piece this one.

I played with it a bit in EQ7 last night. Mostly for color. EQ7 has a similar one, different center.

Anael 03-02-2012 10:40 PM

I've EQ5, didn't find any similar to this one.

DogHouseMom 03-03-2012 09:59 AM

Well ... I've got the pesky 3" square in a square out of the way :)

I'm having trouble with EQ7. I've got the block done and the colors chosen and now I want to print foundation pieces and it's driving me nuts!

Anael 03-03-2012 01:26 PM

I´ve been trying to get a picture into a quilt with EQ5, driving me nuts also!

Anael 03-04-2012 12:38 AM

I started the feathered star. When making the 32 HST in order to save fabric you need 2 inch (my keyboard is acting up, can´t find the inch anymore) squares instead of 2 1-4. That way you only have to trim a tiny bit to get the 1 1-2 HST.

Anael 03-04-2012 03:58 AM

BEWARE ! ! !
There´s a mistake in the assembly. On the first page of the assembly you have to sew HST units together in pairs. When you look at the picture of the HST´s and how to sew them to the corner squares A you will find out the left HST´s are wrong, they have to be mirrored to get them right. I hope this makes sense, look at the picture of the four HST´s with the diamond unit and imagine this sewn to the corner square. It won´t fit!

I´m sick of all the mistakes in these patterns and considering to stop making this ´thing´.

BMP 03-04-2012 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5029495)
BEWARE ! ! !
There´s a mistake in the assembly. On the first page of the assembly you have to sew HST units together in pairs. When you look at the picture of the HST´s and how to sew them to the corner squares A you will find out the left HST´s are wrong, they have to be mirrored to get them right. I hope this makes sense, look at the picture of the four HST´s with the diamond unit and imagine this sewn to the corner square. It won´t fit!

I´m sick of all the mistakes in these patterns and considering to stop making this ´thing´.

I havent started mine yet, I have a few other things going that NEED to get finished but have printed off all the patterns. I now am wondering if I even want to do it after reading all the pattern errors, I dont like having to refigure and remake because of errors !!! Is there a listing somewhere of all the fouind errors with the fixes ???

Anael 03-04-2012 05:34 AM

No there isn´t. Some errors are fixed without saying and some are not fixed.