Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/just-takes-2-quilt-along-t175140.html)

Caroline S 01-16-2012 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr (Post 4880657)
The website is listed at the beginning of this thread. The first of the month they come from Sentimental stitches and the 15th they come from dear jane.com

Hope this helps.

Oh thank you so very much. The instructions are coming off the printer as I type.

Anael 01-16-2012 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr (Post 4880648)
OK, thanks!

You're welcome. I just made 10 but I didn't follow the instructions. I paperpieced the fan but didn't use freezer paper for the large white piece and the red quarter circle. I just cut them with 1/4 " seam and sewed the parts together. It's not hard.
I don't understand why they cut the pieces too large! It's confusing and using too much fabric.

ArteEmCasa 01-16-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 4880133)
Here's my picture of the first step.

Oh my God! Your blocks are breathtaking. I am so attempt to participate of this Stitch Along but still resisting and now seeing your blocks...only the Lord to help me. LOL

sewhappy30 01-16-2012 12:38 PM

I am so glad I found this quilt along thread, I was hoping someone would start one on here. I have the first 6 blocks done and started on the second set. My colors are white on white for the background and a red blender for the color. I'm so excited about this mystery quilt and even more excited about this thread. I've never done freezer paper I've only done fusible web applique so I'm a little concerned about blocks 10 and 11. Any suggestions on how to do them with fusible web instead of freezer paper?

stichinluvr 01-16-2012 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr (Post 4880546)
Ok, so what's wrong with the sizes to cut the blocks in block 8. I am having SO much trouble with them. Any information as to what i'm doing wrong will be appreciated. since I have the day off (MLK day) I wanted to get them done. I know 10 and 11 will take me longer.

Thanks!

If I would have thought - this is to be paper pieced. My bad! Thought I'd post in case someone else has a problem.

Have a great day - and enjoy the BOM.

sewhappy30 01-16-2012 12:51 PM

Just wanted to mention also the patterns are only free for 1 month from the time they come out on the sentimental stitches and dear jane website, after that you have to pay for them. So if your thinking about doing this one you should go ahead and print off the patterns each month.

Just finished block 7 now on to block 8!!

Anael 01-16-2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr (Post 4880924)
If I would have thought - this is to be paper pieced. My bad! Thought I'd post in case someone else has a problem.

Have a great day - and enjoy the BOM.

I thought you knew, that's why I didn't mention that!

@Sewhappy: I didn't use freezer paper on block 10. Just pieced the thing and it went together without any problems. I still have to do 11 but I'm not using freezer paper or fusible web on that one either. I'm going to make templates and mark the 1/4 " seams as I always do with Y seams.

Anael 01-16-2012 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa (Post 4880846)
Oh my God! Your blocks are breathtaking. I am so attempt to participate of this Stitch Along but still resisting and now seeing your blocks...only the Lord to help me. LOL

LOL I can't help you, only telling you to join us in the fun :D Thanks for your compliments on my blocks!

DoriDeS 01-16-2012 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I just got done with the first six blocks getting ready to start the next set. Anael your blocks are so beautiful and I am glad that you posted them. I didn't read the directions so well and after seeing your blocks went back and fixed mine lolol Had to unpick one 'I HATE TO UNPICK' sewed one totally wrong lolol way stupid mistake lolol I think I need some sleep.....But my next ones will be much better since I started reading the instructions yes much better lolol

NDQuilts 01-16-2012 03:41 PM

I have five of the first six done and on my blog. I was busy yesterday so I did not get the patterns until late last night. I cut two blocks and have them ready to handpiece tonight. Now I need to fidget with the rest so I can sew. Maybe when I get into a better mood I'll tackle the template making for both DJ and JT2. I have adjusted my wakeup time in the morning so I can get a few mins alone to sew.