Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mccalls-quilting-jan-feb-2012-3-month-mystery-quilt-along-t174799.html)

dahlshouse 01-30-2012 05:31 AM

Found my materials

1 Attachment(s)
Found main fabric on trip to So. Calif. the colors go with now colors in my living room... so thought this would be a good pattern to use it on.. Had the offwhite and teal in my stash... walked into my LQS yesterday and found this beautiful red...

Caroline S 01-30-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by dahlshouse (Post 4924556)
Found main fabric on trip to So. Calif. the colors go with now colors in my living room... so thought this would be a good pattern to use it on.. Had the offwhite and teal in my stash... walked into my LQS yesterday and found this beautiful red...

I like your fabrics. And the red is great.

Havplenty 01-30-2012 08:39 AM

nice palette. love your white fabric and i really could have that teal in my stash.

Originally Posted by dahlshouse (Post 4924556)

Sewze 01-30-2012 04:45 PM

McCalls 3-Part Mystery Quilt

3 Attachment(s)
Help Please with my choices: I would appreciate opinions on which fabric for B. Posting 3 pictures (I hope) for those opinions! Sorry about the order of the pix.......I had trouble resizing the one with B2 and they got out of order.Jinnie

Sheila_H 01-30-2012 05:20 PM

Definitely B3 for me I love that color! It really makes all of the quilt colors pop right out

sharon b 01-30-2012 06:16 PM

LOL I am liking B .....

sharon b 01-30-2012 06:17 PM

Oh by the way got my copy of the mag from Walmart today WOO HOO

nancia 01-30-2012 07:36 PM

i like b1, then b2. where did you get a? that would work perfectly as my focus fabric also!

Sewze 01-30-2012 08:00 PM

Thank you for your input. I tend to lean towards B1 also. Don't really have enough of B3 in my stash....would have to go shopping.....boohoo....I want to use up my stash! Nanocia- I think I got A @ JoAnns last year.

Havplenty 01-30-2012 08:16 PM

fab a, fab b & fab c or fab b(b3), fab c & fab d look great together but there is something about fabric d that seems not as complementary to fabric a. as i look at it again i think the prints of fab a & fab d may be competing with each other as they can both be focus fabrics. but you color groupings are great in terms of mediums and darks.

say if you choose fab a, fab b(b3), fab c, you may want to chose as your fab d something in a red (red-orange) or green tonal print or a multi-print that complements the shadings in your fab a because you have already picked up the brown and yellow. this is just as an example and i hope it makes sense. whichever fabric you choose as your focus fabric, you would want the other three to complement it and pick up the colors from it.