Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mccalls-quilting-jan-feb-2012-3-month-mystery-quilt-along-t174799.html)

Sewfine 01-28-2012 08:57 AM

I need to look to see if I have that issue. If you all live near Hobby Lobby, they have a weekly 40% off coupon. I use it to buy my magazines.

rainbow quilter 01-28-2012 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished step two of the mystery quilt. After the discussion the last few pages about directional fabrics, I'm second-guessing my choice for fabric C. I knew when I picked it that it's truly directional, but it read to me as more a tone-on-tone. Now I'm wondering....

I'm sticking with it but I'm anxious to see how the whole thing looks when finished.

nancia 01-28-2012 11:48 AM

rainbowquilter-- hold on to that first copy of the magazine , please! i'm going hunting for it today! i lost mine and if i can't find one i will gladly buy yours, postage and all! thank you! will let you know by this evening! nancia

Sewze 01-28-2012 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4917342)
will you post pics of your new years mystery quilt on the thread? i would love to see it.

Yes, if I can find the thread. I've been looking for it 1/2 the day. I did get my Snowblossom block picture posted, though. Can't figure out why I can't find the thread. I've looked in my subscriptions and done searches and all I come up with is this thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jinnie

Sewze 01-28-2012 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze (Post 4919536)
Yes, if I can find the thread. I've been looking for it 1/2 the day. I did get my Snowblossom block picture posted, though. Can't figure out why I can't find the thread. I've looked in my subscriptions and done searches and all I come up with is this thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jinnie

Whooops...........I just found the thread. I had put 'New Years Day Mystery Quilt' in the search engine. Dumbo me! ow to add the picture.

Havplenty 01-28-2012 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by rainbow quilter (Post 4919187)
I just finished step two of the mystery quilt. After the discussion the last few pages about directional fabrics, I'm second-guessing my choice for fabric C. I knew when I picked it that it's truly directional, but it read to me as more a tone-on-tone. Now I'm wondering....

I'm sticking with it but I'm anxious to see how the whole thing looks when finished.

i just love that read tonal of yours. really nice. you are way ahead of a lot of us.

EGLibby 01-28-2012 01:47 PM

I already have step one done and just got the magazine with step 2 yesterday. Still only using 2 fabrics. Seems like there will be a lot to do for step 3, but I'll wait and see. I'm anxious to see what it will look like. Since I already have so many quilts, I'm making the smaller size. I have done several mystery quilts in the past and told myself I would only do this one if I could find enough fabrics in my stash and sure enough I did.

rainbow quilter 01-28-2012 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4919606)
i just love that read tonal of yours. really nice. you are way ahead of a lot of us.

The red is from the Moda Etchings line. I LOVE red and for some reason am always drawn to the shades that Moda uses.

I was just lucky that the mystery quilt came along while I wasn't working on anything pressing.

Fabriclovr 01-28-2012 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jmncolts (Post 4919051)
<snip> My biggest hang up is the yardage of fabic B..lol! <snip>

I am thinking that the 3 yards includes the borders and maybe the binding. Could have some sashing in there as well with 3 yards.. just guessing from experience..

dluvs2quilt 01-28-2012 07:13 PM

Hello
A I bought at a quilt shop, B and C at Joanns about a week ago and D at a quilt shop years ago.