Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

Cindy60545 05-26-2012 11:07 AM

Thanks DebbieKT! I have one & a tablet! Neither are in the studio! Guess I should get something set up there, huh? Glad we've got clue #2, now the fun really begins! After I finished off the quilt & got it off the frame I got a call from a friend of mine ordering 3 quilts! 2 Queen & a twin! Luckily, in talking, I already have the twin in inventory & a "kit" made up for it's mate! That one won't take long to do start to finish. The other Queen is going to be custom 100%, but I've got quite a bit of lead time on that one! Now to finish the other 2 customs ahead of this one! With talks of 2 more coming in that are custom also. We're talking design & colors now, so they'll be on the schedule shortly.

paintmejudy 05-26-2012 11:41 AM

Way to go, Irishrose - I used to hate 1/2 sq triangles, too, but practice makes for acceptance!

Come on, coopah, have a glass of wine and then start cutting! It'll ease the pain.

luci4 05-26-2012 12:56 PM

Sounds like fun. I'm in.

SunlitenSmiles 05-26-2012 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]338027[/ATTACH]

ok, went back to my stash, good thing I have spent the last three days organizing !
realized this was going to be a larger quilt so would need extra fabric .....so into the box of large pieces and the bolts......the 3 with pointy leaves will be A,B & C ...... now a little snack and off to the cutting board.

oh, wow ! that photo is larger than life size......sorry

Cindy60545 05-26-2012 01:41 PM

oooh Sunliten! This is going to be gorgeous! Of course, I have no idea what the overall pattern is either, but those colors are outstanding to me!

sustraley 05-26-2012 01:46 PM

Love Love your fabrics sunlitensmiles. Will be beautiful. Great choices.

marytoddliz 05-26-2012 02:05 PM

My HST

1 Attachment(s)
I am done with step 2 except for squaring up my HST. I like this project, sew pretty.

I love you leafy fabric smiles, it is really going to be pretty!

debquilts2 05-26-2012 02:31 PM

how do I get the start of the mystery quilt????????????????????? Can't figure it out first time doing it.
Deb

yayaquilts 05-26-2012 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by debquilts2 (Post 5244914)
how do I get the start of the mystery quilt????????????????????? Can't figure it out first time doing it.
Deb

Step 1 will be at the beginning of this thread.
Step 2 is post #383

coopah 05-26-2012 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5244574)
coopah, I'm with you. I swore no more HSTs for a while. Too many in the quilt on the machine and the one at church, but I'm game. I want these pastel Christmas fabrics gone, so I'm in. 48 isn't too many and they aren't tiny.

I need a glass of iced tea before I head out shopping - oh, open house cookies to bake, too. Club car, here I come.

I'm there. We can talk about the half squares while we chill! I know, Judy...just have to work on attitude!