Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Quilting Bee, July 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-quilting-bee-july-2017-a-t289350.html)

Lv2sew2011 07-07-2017 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 7859182)
Oh great Donna, glad to see you post again.. Hope things are going better for you. Love your blocks, that black floral is striking.

Dad is still hanging on. But he so, so confused. They think the cancer is spreading and now I have to stay up with him all night and my Aunt usually stays with him so I can sleep. But today his little brother had open heart surgery today and she wanted to be with my Aunt and uncle. Surgery went well, just too much at one time but we will survive it. I quit swapping for a bit because he keeps me busy at night so I thought I would catch up with this when I have the time. But tonight just too tired didn't get much sleep yesterday because my Aunt wasn't here.

Lv2sew2011 07-07-2017 10:51 PM

Love those colors Jaba. All of your blocks ladies are awesome...

petthefabric 07-07-2017 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lv2sew2011; My prayers are with you.

I joined this month. During the Virtual Quilt Weekend got July sqs finished. And tonight got brave and just tried something to upload pictures from camera to computer. Don't know how to do anything with them. Think I need another program. [ATTACH=CONFIG]576060[/ATTACH]

kristijoy 07-08-2017 07:08 AM

Hi everyone! I love this months blocks! It's so much fun to see everyone sewing! :) We are back from Yellowstone (what an amazing place), now I'm working on blocks before I visit my Mom in August! Hopefully I'll have some pictures of my blocks for you this weekend.

kristijoy 07-08-2017 07:11 AM

I love your florals! I'm going to try and do I without cutting up those big triangles too...

carrot 07-08-2017 07:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks !! And I thought I would show you where I quilted yesterday from 10 AM till 11:3PM !!

carrot 07-08-2017 07:27 AM

Jaba-Lv2sew2011 an Petthefabrid(love that name !) Awesome blocks !! Lv2sew2011 Hugs and prayers !

Just Jan 07-08-2017 07:47 AM

Lv2sew2011- So sorry you are having such a tough time. My prayers are with you. Janet

tscweaves 07-08-2017 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my first block. It was not without its ups and downs. How does everyone keep all of those little pieces in order and the right direction. I sewed all of the 2 little triangles to the first solid square in the wrong order. I did not realize it until I had all 4 corner bits sewn together. Then it was out on my porch and rip out 8 seams - jeesh! A friend who is a quilter and who has been mentoring me said that you are a quilter when you start ripping out seams. Well folks, guess what - I am a quilter!

Once I got past all of the mistakes, it came together pretty nice. I think I actually have more points meeting than not - major improvement:thumbup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576086[/ATTACH]

Libster 07-08-2017 11:24 AM

Love your block! Well done. Ripping builts character you know. You learn to double check, have patience and sometimes, some new words. LOL We've all been there. We know how you're feeling right now. You stuck with it and conquered. That's the important thing. You definitely are now a quilter!