Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

sammygirlqt 11-30-2011 05:52 PM

I am still struggling with these triangles. I found a ruler for 1/2 and 1/4 triangles that will work. Do I have to flip this ruler over for every second cut? I have sewed 2 hour glass blocks together and they measure exactly 2 1/2". I tried the paper and it keeps pulling my stitches out.

COYOTEMAGIC 11-30-2011 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt (Post 4737705)
I am still struggling with these triangles. I found a ruler for 1/2 and 1/4 triangles that will work. Do I have to flip this ruler over for every second cut? I have sewed 2 hour glass blocks together and they measure exactly 2 1/2". I tried the paper and it keeps pulling my stitches out.

Use the largest needle you have and set you stitches to really short. I have your basic Walmart special Brother machine. I set it on 1. It also works best if you pull the paper off before you trim everything down to the correct size.

I'm ok ya'll, just pouting. We'll just keep moving along, if these blocks will work great! If not, I'll grumble through making more, lol. Thanks for all your nice comments. Something I learned when I first came here was how supportive everybody is. I've been running behind all day, Chemo day :thumbdown: slept the afternoon away, trying to play catch up since. Now off to the picture thread to see if we have new pics :thumbup:

sammygirlqt 11-30-2011 06:48 PM

Coyotemagic, what colors are you using for your hour glass blocks? PM me your snail mail address and I will have 20-30 or whatever I can get in an envelop in the mail tomorrow for you. If others can make a batch, you'll be back up and running in no time. Hugs, Jeane

yayaquilts 11-30-2011 07:30 PM

I was able to work a little on those QST today after making my newest granddaughter, 6 months in a few days, her Christmas stocking. I thought I knew exactly how I would make them. Sewed 2 squares and cut them only to find out I did them wrong. So I had to rip out a few seams, and refigure how to actually make them. I now have three completed QST and about a dozen half done-then had to stop for dinner. I'm going to visit my mom for a couple of days, so won't be doing much sewing or decorating the house till maybe the weekend. I will be checking in on QB frequently though!

COYOTEMAGIC 11-30-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt (Post 4737868)
Coyotemagic, what colors are you using for your hour glass blocks? PM me your snail mail address and I will have 20-30 or whatever I can get in an envelop in the mail tomorrow for you. If others can make a batch, you'll be back up and running in no time. Hugs, Jeane

Thanks Jeane but that's ok. I'll get them done. I've got until May, lol Thanks again for your kind offer

Sadiemae 11-30-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt (Post 4737868)

I don't know if you have heard from Coyotemagic yet, but I think her qst's are turquoise and pink. I don't have any turqoise or I would make some.

Sadiemae 11-30-2011 08:12 PM

Coyotemagic, you and I must have been typing at the same time...

Havplenty 11-30-2011 09:47 PM

i look forward to keeping up with your progress on this mystery quilt. i am collecting & saving the clues for a future project. keep up the good work.

islandwiz1 12-01-2011 08:22 AM

I sewed for two whole days and now I am ready for step 3.

yayaquilts 12-01-2011 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 (Post 4739522)
I sewed for two whole days and now I am ready for step 3.

WOW! congrats on finishing the first parts!