Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 01-08-2011 10:35 AM

So nice! Read my previous comment and apply it to this one. Really nice choices!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Irene V
Ok. Here are my 3 blocks for the first week. Yay! Now on to next week...

pamesue 01-09-2011 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by quilts4fun
I wasn't sure I would get these done this week, but here they are. Also my fabric choices. Hope this works, it is my first time posting pictures. :shock:

wow great fabric....those will make awesome blocks

Jupiter 01-09-2011 10:30 AM

Today is Sunday. The first day of week #2. I haven't got to mine yet, but hopefully this afternoon will be all about making week #2 in a 12" block. I'll post photos and numbers when I get them done.

Happy Pieced Applique Hugs,
Jupiter

QuiltingHiker 01-09-2011 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my first four foundation blocks. I am a bit concerned that my color choice is a bit sedate. Only time will tell.

First 4 Foundation Blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156568[/ATTACH]

Jupiter 01-09-2011 03:11 PM

I was thinking the same about my colors. I added a yellow fabric, and that helped some, but only time will tell. I am sure that along the way we may all be adding or taking away fabrics.

I love your choices, tho. I think it will make a soothing, yet eye catching, quilt. It seem to me that when you add black, everything becomes 'formal looking.' I like that.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by QuiltingHiker
Here are my first four foundation blocks. I am a bit concerned that my color choice is a bit sedate. Only time will tell.

mdmavis 01-09-2011 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This block was a lot of fun making, however I do need a lot of practice on this one. But not bad for a first time. I need to be more accurate cutting the templates. Mavis

QuiltingHiker 01-09-2011 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by mdmavis
This block was a lot of fun making, however I do need a lot of practice on this one. But not bad for a first time. I need to be more accurate cutting the templates. Mavis

I haven't gotten as far as the appliqué blocks.

Durinda 01-09-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by mdmavis

I love the little lady peeking out of the window! Great job! I hope that I progress to the point of making this type of block too. :-)

kreinhart742 01-09-2011 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks for week two. They are colorful and a lot of fun, sure hope I am doing them correctly.

Week 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156993[/ATTACH]

Obsessed 01-09-2011 08:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great job Karla! I love your fabrics.

Here are my blocks for week 2. I've also included a picture of a bunch of my foundation blocks together because I need your opinions. I'm not sure about the greens. Do they look like they belong? I'm not sure that I like them with the warmer colors, but I"m afraid my quilt will be too monochromatic without them. Besides the greens I have only red, orange, brown and yellow. What do you think? Should I include the green?

Week 2 Foundation Blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157036[/ATTACH]

Do the greens work?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157037[/ATTACH]