Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 01-31-2011 02:27 PM

Oh DeeCee... your block is beautiful. I love the center.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Deecee
Here's mine.

I have hand sewn each layer down separately - time consuming and I am not sure if it is necessary - will wait for others opinions to decide. I felt I needed to make sure it would stay together but a line of stay-stitching within the outer seam allowance would do that.

I did not do a lot of glueing and popped my templates out before stitching so I did not have to soak the finished block.

I don't normally use black and am having a bit of difficulty keeping it lint free. :thumbdown: This may influence the amount of black I continue to use.

Jupiter 01-31-2011 02:31 PM

Oh no. I "accidentally" bought more fabric! I was at JoAnn's Fabric Store, minding my own business, when I was attacked by 8 bolts of fabric. So I quickly took them to the cutting table and ordered a half yard of each. They are spinning around in my washing machine right now. That will teach them to jump into a stranger's basket! lol

Seriously, since I am making my blocks the 12.5" size, I am wondering how much harder the small siZe might be. So when these fabric attracted my attention, I bought enough to make a second quilt... this one being the 6.5" blocks. I'll post photos when they are dry.

hugs, Jupiter

Obsessed 01-31-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Oh no. I "accidentally" bought more fabric! I was at JoAnn's Fabric Store, minding my own business, when I was attacked by 8 bolts of fabric. So I quickly took them to the cutting table and ordered a half yard of each. They are spinning around in my washing machine right now. That will teach them to jump into a stranger's basket! lol

Seriously, since I am making my blocks the 12.5" size, I am wondering how much harder the small siZe might be. So when these fabric attracted my attention, I bought enough to make a second quilt... this one being the 6.5" blocks. I'll post photos when they are dry.

hugs, Jupiter

Oh man, I hate when that happens!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jupiter, you are seriously addicted!

Irene V 01-31-2011 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow! Everyone's blocks are beautiful. I am machine appliqueing my blocks and am using my machine blanket stitch rather than using invisible thread as was suggested in the book as I like the look of the blanket stitch. Here is my "Laura's Cathedral Window."

The outside of my block is turquoise although it looks gray.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160338[/ATTACH]

quilts4fun 01-31-2011 07:06 PM

That is so pretty. I like the blanket stitch too.

kwiltkrazy 01-31-2011 08:12 PM

Irene your block is beautiful, I love your background gray. It is so rich.

luckylindy333 01-31-2011 08:26 PM

Just lurking, enjoying all the beautiful color combinations! This is exciting!!! Thanks everyone for letting me peek in!!!!!

Jupiter 01-31-2011 11:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my 'latest additions' to this project. See, aren't they pretty! Now to just find the time to mix them up into 6" blocks!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Jupiter

hugs, Jupiter

I've always loved blues & aquas. Now limey green and brown have become favs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165058[/ATTACH]

Deecee 01-31-2011 11:49 PM

Wow Jupiter, love those colours. Are they a particular range or did you pick and mix?

fromzstore 02-01-2011 04:39 AM

Joined last night can't wait to get book in all your blocks are beautiful.i am hoping after learning this technique that I may be able to use it to do some of the more complicated blocks in the dear Jane quilt I want to start any one ever done a dear Jane before