Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Pony Club Thread 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-thread-3-a-t311462.html)

sewbizgirl 07-17-2020 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8402625)
I don't know what the Homestead quilt is... if I already asked, then I must have forgotten.

I was wondering too. Is that the one Carrie is making?

JeanieG 07-17-2020 10:12 PM

I found some fat quarters that I had 2 sets of for the PP State Quilt that we started here on the Board many years ago. I only did a few of the states and decided I did not like PPing enough to finish the quilt. I found the blocks to be very complicated, I probably did about 10 of the states. I am using that fabric for my Lover's Knot Quilt. I want to finish the center of the FW Medalian and get the Flying Geese cut out before I start the new one. Then will use one as a leader/ender for the other.

oksewglad 07-18-2020 06:15 AM

Good morning folks...I've been going through RWB scraps and finally have them all trimmed and sorted by size from 3/4" to 5"..mostly the larger widths. Have a couple of FQ or plain Q yd pieces that I'm leaving intact to use as I need. Meanwhile have a RWB rail fence almost finished. Cut the blocks 5 1/2" and sashed each with 3" sashes. Made 63 blocks from 1 1/2" strips and will finish at QOV size. The next one is rail fences made from 2" pieces...4 to the rail and will have the traditional rail fence setting with b/w/r/gold coloring. I have over half of the 80 6 1/2" squares sewn, but may need to cut some more 2" strips from the uncut scraps I have. Maybe will get some SewTime this morning now that rain has prevented me from working outside for a while.

Love hearing from all your progresses! And no I will not start the next PC quilt.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-18-2020 06:59 AM

Homestead medallion is the one Carrie is doing in her page, (group). The latest Laura Aaron Hird book.

BH just posted a picture of a King size Frolic done by a lady that is 60 blocks in it and I am grumbling about doing the 25 blacks. I am bad. Sad.Happy for her.I will be very happy to put the last stitch in my smaller version.

givio 07-18-2020 12:09 PM

QNS, I think we are all happy to put the last stitch in a BH pattern quilt top! I feel for you!
Oh, yes, that LH new book. I got to calling it the Medallion quilt in my mind and didn't recognize the Homestead term.

sewbizgirl 07-18-2020 04:26 PM

Sounds like everyone's busy! I made the blocks for the Lover's Knot. Well, most of them. It's a pretty quick quilt to make. I'll post some pictures soon.

JeanieG 07-18-2020 07:25 PM

Yay - looks like a fun quilt to make!

dublb 07-19-2020 04:05 AM

All I seem to have time for is working on machines. It makes me so very tired in the evenings that I don't want to sew. I do love hearing what ya'll are up to! It makes me smile.

dublb 07-22-2020 02:43 AM

True Life Story
On Sunday DH & I were driving back from seeing the play our DGD is in. (OK, DH was driving & I was the passenger.) There were several songs on the radio that he & I had listened to when we were dating & early in our marriage. So he was singing along. I looked over at him & he had on his dress shirt w/the collar, & had shaved all but his Goatee & mustache. I love hearing him sing. It seemed to me we had stepped back in time. I wasn't looking at a middle aged man anymore. It seemed to me that I was looking at the 20 year old guy that I married almost 40 years ago. Anyway I reached up & touched his shoulder then put my hand on his cheek. He stopped singing for a second & told me that he loved me. Then it happened; we passed a dead skunk on the road! I'm telling ya'll that all my amorous feelings flew out the window!!!!

oksewglad 07-22-2020 05:08 AM

Bev...this is hilarious!