Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Pony Club Thread 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-thread-3-a-t311462.html)

givio 06-26-2020 05:54 PM

I like the size of the block, it's not so small with 50 itsy-bitsy pieces like the FW30s blocks, and it's not the usual 12" size which seems so big after you do 6" patterns. It's just a comfortable size in the middle.

sewbizgirl 06-26-2020 06:44 PM

I love the 8.5" size too!

Jeanie, the book gives both templates for traditional piecing and also for pp. I would use the pp templates if I was doing pp... and look up a refresher online on how to pp. I wouldn't add anything to the regular templates.

...Unless I misunderstood your question!

JeanieG 06-26-2020 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8396952)
I love the 8.5" size too!

Jeanie, the book gives both templates for traditional piecing and also for pp. I would use the pp templates if I was doing pp... and look up a refresher online on how to pp. I wouldn't add anything to the regular templates.

...Unless I misunderstood your question!

What I meant was can you enlarge the templates by a small amount and use them to cut out your fabric pieces for PPing?

I have both the PPing and the templates printed for the center square. I have also pulled a lot of fabric.

There are tons of video's on YouTube on PPing! Quite amazing!

QuiltingNinaSue 06-27-2020 04:55 AM

I just my book, and I am excited. Now to download the blocks and see if I can be successful there. I did subscribe to Pony3 and that thread is working. Maybe the new one will work too, nothing on it yet that has come through for me.

sewbizgirl 06-27-2020 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 8396971)
What I meant was can you enlarge the templates by a small amount and use them to cut out your fabric pieces for PPing?

Ohhhhhh... what a smart idea! I have never thought of that or tried it. You can be our guinea pig and let us know how well it works.
I'm glad there are so many pp videos out there. I became quite adept at the process while making my 1930's blocks, and now I'm a rank beginner again. It's been a while!

JeanieG 06-27-2020 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8397088)
Ohhhhhh... what a smart idea! I have never thought of that or tried it. You can be our guinea pig and let us know how well it works.
I'm glad there are so many pp videos out there. I became quite adept at the process while making my 1930's blocks, and now I'm a rank beginner again. It's been a while!

I think I will try it and let you know. Maybe if I just do a small one, then expand if it does not work. I'm like you, have not done any PP since the FM 30's journey, and even then I preferred to just use the templates. These blocks look more complicated.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-27-2020 11:23 AM

PC or fwhmq, JeanieG? I thought the new latter one would be easy????Ha! No, I am not making all of them, some look really hard to do. If ist not going together right, I will skip it. Time will tell.

sewbizgirl 06-27-2020 12:35 PM

They look frightfully hard to me.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-27-2020 02:37 PM

Reminds me of what she has designed in the the past. An improvement is the pp blocks match the piecing this time. She did not change to lettering or number them differently. Not all blocks have pp instructions or need to be pp. Now I am trying to understand what are 6" and what are 8" blocks.

sewbizgirl 06-27-2020 03:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some Pony Club blocks!