Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Pony Club Thread 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-thread-3-a-t311462.html)

JeanieG 08-02-2020 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8407206)
Great quilt, Jeanie! It's so fun looking and so colorful. How did you get the sashings to do that? Very cool effect!

That happened when I washed it. The blocks were all Batik - I thought the white was similar, but I guess it was more cotton, so I think it shrank. Anyway, some of the blocks don't line up and it is rather a mess! But it is finished!

sewbizgirl 08-02-2020 08:34 PM

It looks like shirring done on purpose. Neat effect!

givio 08-05-2020 04:51 PM

Jeanie, nice job on your medallion quilt center. I decided not to do it because I have too many tops started, and don't need another project.... too many UFOs to finish.
QNS's comment about Frolic made me laugh. :-) And now Jeanie has finished another quilt too!

JeanieG 08-05-2020 06:45 PM

Givio - I still have 15 quilts that are in the Flimsy stage. Pulled one out to get it sandwiched sometime this week, I hope. I am real good about working on them to the Flimsy stage, but it takes me forever to get them quilted! The blocks for the Cozy Quilt BOM were done in 2012! LOL That one took quite a while to get to flimsy, but I hated having just the blocks hanging around. Now, I try to finish what I start to the flimsy stage.

dublb 08-06-2020 04:05 AM

Jeanie it is beautiful!
My life is wrapped up sewing machines these days. I wish I wasn't so slow
I am also still coughing. I believe the asthma was getting better till we had a brush fire north of here. Then the cough flaired up again. The thing is we had a second fire this week. I went to Brownwood to drop off machines yesterday & had to drive through some of the burned area. I kept my AC on recirculate & wore a mask the whole time. That helped.

JeanieG 08-06-2020 10:04 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words on my efforts!

I am enjoying having the two a week blocks to do again on the FW Medallion Quilt. It has really kept me interested in my quilting. I have finished my 2 blocks for this week, and have finished one set of blocks on my Lover's Knot quilt.

I pulled out another quilt that needs to be sandwiched and quilted. When I finish my other set of blocks for the Lover's Knot, I will start quilting another quilt that I finished in 2012! My two oldest flimsies will be completed! Yay

I work well when I have two different quilting things going at once. It keeps my interest, as I can go back and forth between the two. The problem is that I just love to both piece and quilt on my Brother 1500S. That straight stitch machine just sings! When I start quilting again, I will have to piece on my Baby Lock.

We have a RV Rally next week, so will take a break from quilting to enjoy our friends. Live is good!

givio 08-07-2020 07:02 PM

Jeanie, Yes, that's my goal these days, 'get it to the flimsy stage.'

sewbizgirl 08-07-2020 07:26 PM

Can't wait to see what your Lover's Knot is going to look like, Jeanie!

oksewglad 08-14-2020 04:43 AM

Has anyone heard from Carrie? She lives very near Cedar Rapids and Marion. I hope all is okay with her.

carriem 08-14-2020 05:04 AM

Gladie, thanks for thinking of me. :) I saw that you found my other post... for those who haven't seen it. Yes I am good. We live out of town and just had some branches and a couple trees in the timber down (will wait for fall and be used for firewood when it is seasoned), no house damage. My MIL has some that will need taken care of, but her house is still very livable. We were only without power for a little over 24 hrs and have a generator too so were able to run that enough to get showers and keep fridges/chest freezer cold. MIL was here a couple days (she's 82 now and would have made do without power at home, but if she had fallen, no phone or lifeline button to push to tell someone).

I was in CR when the storm blew through and it was terrible. The damage is unbelievable!!!