Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Pony Club Thread 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-thread-3-a-t311462.html)

dublb 11-13-2020 04:20 PM

I got my Laptop back today. DSonIL added Bootcamp to my Mac so that I can continue to get embroidery designs. The program that my embroidery machine uses is a Windows program. On my older Mackboook I had Wine so as to be able to get new designs but my new Mac couldn't do Wine anymore. It is good to see what ya'll are up to.

givio 11-17-2020 05:12 PM

Gooooo Jeanie! :-)

sewbizgirl 11-17-2020 08:49 PM

My head is in such a weird place today! All day long I thought it was Saturday (felt like it, but it's Tuesday). So all day I had to catch myself reminding myself it's not Saturday.

Then I got a call from the hubby's uncle. Dear Uncle Eddie... We were all planning to road trip to Memphis next week, to have Thanksgiving with my daughter's family as we've done the past couple of years. Eddie was calling to say he can't go this year. He has kidney problems and a dr. appt next week he can't miss.

Called DD to tell her about Eddie having to cancel out, and she said her "nannie" has just been diagnosed with CV19. She is young, so we don't worry she will beat it ok, but it means DD and DGD have to quarantine for two weeks from the last day they were with her... which ends on Thanksgiving day.

This is a messed up holiday, for sure, to go along with the messed up year. I think we'll still get together and feast anyway, and be thankful for our many blessings!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-18-2020 06:49 AM

How large is the center before the flying geese is added?? Mine is 23" square.

dublb 11-18-2020 06:49 AM

My DM is going to go to #2DSis's house for Thanksgiving. We are going to go to DD's house. She is gonna have her Parent In Laws & her Brother InLaw's family. It'll be a small gathering.

JeanieG 11-18-2020 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 8434354)
How large is the center before the flying geese is added?? Mine is 23" square.

Are you talking about the FWS Medallion quilt QNS??? If so have you included the 1st border? Mine including the first border is 20".

Jeanie

QuiltingNinaSue 11-18-2020 01:56 PM

No. Mine is 23 inches square without bor4ers.

JeanieG 11-18-2020 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 8434453)
No. Mine is 23 inches square without bor4ers.

QNS - according to the Block Assembly in the book - the center was suppose to be 18", which mine was.

givio 11-18-2020 09:11 PM

SBG, Are they just going to quarantine, or are they going to get tested too?

I feel like just staying home for Thanksgiving this year, without inviting anyone. Not so much fun, but easier to go to work and answer their covid questions so I can get in the building...

sewbizgirl 11-18-2020 10:55 PM

Givio, Audrey just got tested and was negative about a week ago when she had a bad cold. Don't know if she will test again.