Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month, July 2013 - Blackford's Beauty - Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-july-2013-blackfords-beauty-photos-t224981.html)

thimblebug6000 07-12-2013 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for your frustrations Roma, I'll try & post your photo BOM for July here. [ATTACH=CONFIG]423566[/ATTACH]

This is Roma Bauder's block, and it's lovely!

CAS49OR 07-12-2013 09:50 AM

Thank you Mary and DD. It is hard to see now but I was going for a center star with my multi-colored batik in the middle. The purple squares on the corner made it into an X. That seemingly out of place yellow triangle is the same fabric.

All of my blocks have had sort of a 3-D appearance that looks real cool online. :thumbup:

Some things I learned doing this block?

Read through the entire directions before starting -- I was efficiently working along, putting the little squares/long rectangles together when I noticed after doing one side of all 8 the diagonal changes on four of them.

Different weight fabrics can really make it hard to match seams and points! I don't like using starch and can't find unscented fabric stiffener, so next time I'm going to try to get nicer fabric. My black is nice and thick but the multi is really flimsy.

I also learned I have a lot more patience than when I was younger. I took many seams apart and re-sewed them to make everything match up better. When I was young the "P" word was not in my vocabulary!

I love the blocks you all are doing. I think your large yellow/black quilt is going to be striking DJ, I like the second bonus block, very interesting!

CAS49OR 07-12-2013 09:52 AM

Roma your block looks really "clean and crispy" if you know what I mean, very nice!

Roma Bauder 07-12-2013 02:23 PM

Thank you thimble AGAIN! LOL I wish I knew what the problem was. I have posted pics before so just don't know what the problem is.

Roma Bauder 07-12-2013 02:28 PM

Thanks Cas, There is one problem I may redo. Another Oregonian? Im in Oregon City.

thimblebug6000 07-12-2013 03:09 PM

Roma, I have windows XP but maybe if you post what system you have someone else can give you a few pointers for the pictures?

marytoddliz 07-12-2013 08:51 PM

Roma, I really like that block, it is so pretty. Is the dark color blue or black, it is really hard to tell, but still a very striking block.

CAS49OR 07-13-2013 01:48 PM

You're welcome Roma! Yes, OR, I live south of Eugene. I wish I was closer to Oregon City, I could buy a Groupon for a stand up paddleboard outing.

What do you need to re-do on the Block?

Originally Posted by Roma Bauder (Post 6173966)
Thanks Cas, There is one problem I may redo. Another Oregonian? Im in Oregon City.

CAS49OR 07-13-2013 02:17 PM

It is kind of confusing. When you click the icon third from the right (in the menu right above this window you are posting a message in after you click "post quick reply") to add a picture a window comes up. Sometimes the tab is set "from a URL". Click the tab to the left that states "from computer" then "choose file". Knowing where you kept the picture you want to upload, click on it. Then click "upload file/s"

Originally Posted by Roma Bauder (Post 6172070)
Nope nothing I try is working.GRRRRR!!!!!:mad:

klgreene 07-13-2013 02:22 PM

You also have to make sure you resize your picture and make it smaller. That get's me every time.