Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilt Along January 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilt-along-january-2013-a-t208380.html)

MrsEOP 01-16-2013 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all - the blocks all looking great!
I'm finally getting round to posting pics of my attempts at week 1 blocks. Not the, erm, flattest blocks I've ever done! I'm going to blame my fabric choices (!) - raided DH's wardrobe and stole a load of his shirts, and some of them are quite thin.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388447[/ATTACH]
Life (work) seems to be getting in the way and preventing much quilting at the moment, though will now settle down in front of the TV and do some hand quilting on a little welsh quilt I'm doing. Will attempt more blocks at the weekend, though a little scared by a couple of them!

frenchfryqueen 01-17-2013 07:04 AM

I named my seam ripper Jacque.. then when I get aggravated that I have to use him (which is way too often), I scream out, "Bring me Jacque ze ripper!" in this really overstated French accent, which makes me giggle and less irritated.

Great blocks, everyone. Brat, I love everything about your Christmas quilt, and Mrs.EOP, I want to wrap up in your blocks and take a nap. Great idea using the shirts. They look so comfy.

roseirish48 01-17-2013 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5790484)
damned I hate pictures I see where I have one seam to figure out again argh not taking pictures anymore this way all my things will remain beautiful and well crooked and sometimes totally backwards (really hate the camera then) and that seam ripper well it can remain a.. decorator piece. yuppers.

dont know what you re talking about. They look pretty darn good to me. Love the way you got the "seasons greetings" in the patches

Elisabrat 01-18-2013 03:01 PM

yeah a used shirt would be worn in softness.. and when the get too many better than throwing them away. uh does he know yet?

do we get two extra if you want to blocks tonight?

dotcomdtcm 01-19-2013 06:34 AM

Looking for our next blocks. I suggest Double Spinwheels from Quilters Cache!

grandme26 01-19-2013 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5796924)
Looking for our next blocks. I suggest Double Spinwheels from Quilters Cache!

Just looked that one up and I like it.

designsbysnowlady 01-19-2013 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently found this board and thought I join in with the quilt along. I've completed 2 small quilts, so I am a beginner. Triangles are not my friend! :) Here are my first 2 blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389204[/ATTACH]

jaba 01-19-2013 10:39 AM

For not being your friend they look really nice to me. Welcome to the board.

happylab 01-19-2013 11:39 AM

designsbysnowlady, Your blocks look fine and I love your colors. And welcome to the group.

sew_Tracy 01-19-2013 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All caught up! People shouldn't double-dog dare me rose!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389240[/ATTACH]