Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilt Along January 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilt-along-january-2013-a-t208380.html)

PokerDiva 12-14-2012 12:31 PM

Can we join this without going to the chat room? Not a good time for me.

oldtnquiltinglady 12-14-2012 05:32 PM

This looks like something I might add to my New Year's resolutions list. I am not so sure about the chat room thing though. Someone will have to explain that to me. So long as "DWTS" doesn't come on while I am in the chat room.....

linmid 12-14-2012 06:11 PM

What does "DWTS" mean? Would like to try this but I am not familiar with the "chat room". How does it work?

Just Barb 12-14-2012 09:10 PM

Would also like to join in.....would it be a requirement to post your blocks? I have absolutely no knowledge of how to do this, or camera, etc. Please post the chat room time for us CSTer's. Also, maybe a hint or two about the chat room. This is definitely a learn as you go experience for me.....but, I love it.
Be watching for more info. Merry Christmas to all or Happy Holidays.
Just Barb

Elisabrat 12-14-2012 09:54 PM

I will probably follow along and post pics etc here but a chat room no. I am happy with the forum style myself. I am good at simple blocks. The greek cross is my new favorite :) any block with no more than four sub squares across.. get to six rows and I am not having a good time. This sounds like a sampler quilt I think as your open to voting for new blocks? It is very good of you to start a thread however. We all enjoy them but few of us run them. How many weeks are you thinking/ you mentioned couch throw so it will be approx how many squares across down? thanks!!!

sustraley 12-15-2012 03:44 AM

DWTS-Dancing With The Stars. :)

happyjan 12-15-2012 04:43 AM

I am interested! but I am in South Australia so not sure about the chat room as I'm not sure on the time difference. :)

vickig626 12-15-2012 06:49 AM

I will follow along to as time permits but not a "chat room" person. This would be a good way of destashing in 2013.

Nancygeddes 12-15-2012 11:05 AM

Sounds interesting! Keeping my fingers crossed that the blocks will not be to difficult for me.:rolleyes:

Wyldwytch 12-15-2012 02:27 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I didn't get in here yesterday, very busy and today I took a class for a Bargello quilt.

Playswithcolor - This will be a sampler, but I am not sure we are going to have a theme.

JudyVA - Please send that block on if you have a pattern that everyone can view, thanks.

Pdcatc and Loria183 - Yes, this will be eastern time so 5:30 pacific.

PokerDiva - Absolutely, just remember to try and post your finished work.

Oldtnquiltinglady - I m suyre we could hepl you find the chat so you can join us to try it out.

JustBarb - It's not a requirement to post, would be nice, but if you can't it's all good. If you have blocks with patterns that everyone can view, that would be great. I'm thinking we will finish out somewhere between a 4x6 or a 5x6.

Happyjar and Vickg626 - Not a problem.

Nancy - It's a good way to try new things, just remember there will be 2 blocks posted per week, one easy and one challenging, you choose which you would like to do.

Later tonight when I get home from dinner with hubby and friends I will post JUST ONE of the first weeks blocks for those who want to play along can get an idea of where we might and can go with our quilts.

Also, thank you all for being interested in this. It was an idea that I thought might work, this is my first time trying something like this so please bear with me as I work out kinks along the way.

Rosie the Wyldwytch