Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

shadoh 09-06-2013 12:03 AM

i use computer paper, it comes off ok if you fold it back and forth a couple of times at the seam line.
i leave the paper ON when sewing the sections together, then remove it from the seam lines .

ckcowl 09-06-2013 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean (Post 6276375)
Yes trying to stay on top of this PP. I've never done a whole pp quilt before so I'm trying to stay on top of it. When will we get cutting instructions for #3 & #4. I tried but I was not sure if I was doing it right so I stopped. Thank you for all you guys help. I'm enjoying this so far.

the first 5 blocks are available on the site- September (block 6) will probably post soon...on the website they started in April- so our first 2 we are making in September are 'April & May' on the site. if you successfully copied the first 2 you are doing it right- go get more anytime. some of us printed off all of them that were available in the beginning- will add as they are added to the site.

carriem 09-06-2013 03:17 AM

Juanita--if you are looking for measurements of blocks #3 and #4, Mirabelle is at a retreat this weekend so will probably post them when she returns. I know she has the first 6 blocks all done.

nygal 09-06-2013 09:46 AM

My two sweet Grandchildren are in school now so I was able to be in my craft room and did block two. Just have to stitch the six pieces together.

DogHouseMom 09-06-2013 11:41 AM

Update on my "perfect paper" quest ...

The paper I brought home from work is absolutely PERFECT for PP. It's translucent so I can see even dark fabrics, it's heavy enough to withstand multiple stitching, and it pulls apart cleanly and easily after folding along the stitched line.

Only one problem.

I could not get it to feed through my laser printer OR my ink jet printer.

DRAT!!!

I asked my IT guru here at the office why it wouldn't work at home ... so we went and looked at (and dissambled) the giant copy machine and basically the feed mechanism is much different than on most machines. It uses a solid 52" take up roller.

DRAT!!

QuiltingNinaSue 09-06-2013 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally, after much frustration this afternoon, I finished block one:[ATTACH=CONFIG]434442[/ATTACH]Might be 'candles' in center of the green flowers; whatever you see it as...that's ok with me 'cause I am finished with it!! For now. Will add sides later.

Center I treated just like the stack and whack, stopped on the one-fourth seam allowance from point and let it swirl around in the center underneath; nice and flat that way. No hammer needed to pound the center out flat as some do and seem to enjoy the exercise. POW!POW! LOL!:D:thumbup::thumbup:

alikat110 09-06-2013 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, everyone. Room for one more?....here is my color palette. I just completed washing them all. Got patterns printed. I do NEED to complete my Boom 10 swap....got 9 more blocks to do...I think I can get most done this weekend....or might start this?!?!?!

QuiltingNinaSue 09-06-2013 04:31 PM

More the merrier!! Go for it. Post your first block and go! Welcome.

oksewglad 09-06-2013 04:36 PM

QNS it looks like you nailed it sans hammer! Looks great.
Sure alikat join in.
After finishing my block I have decided to bow out. I'd rather be sewing other things than PP'ing these blocks. I know QE--what can I say?

frustratedquilter40 09-06-2013 04:50 PM

QuiltingNanaSue your block is beautiful love your fabric and color choices!!!!! I like it better than mine :)